Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP105 connection issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP105 connection issue

Posted Nov 30, 2011 09:50 AM

Just to verify, I have 2 units of IAP105 version 6.1.2.3 and configure with multiple Vlan and attach to a Layer 2 switch

Vlan 1 ( management Vlan ) - 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.1.2

Vlan 2 ( employee Vlan )       - 192.168.2.1

Vlan 3 ( guest vlan )               - 192.168.3.1

i configure the 2 units of IAP with static IP ( 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.1.2 <management vlan> ) and broadcast 2 SSID ( Employee SSID with using Vlan ID 2 and Guest SSID with using Vlan ID 3)

Question as below

- do i require to configure the trunk port at the Layer 2  switch? cause the IAP carry multiple Vlan now. Any configuration require on IAP to carry multiple vlan to the layer 2 switch?

- once i have configure all the static ip and vlan, if i want to loggin into GUI what ip address should i key into web address? is it http://instant.Arubanetworks.com?

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP105 connection issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2011 09:54 AM

IAP Question#35

Can I trunk the uplink port for Instant?

When SSIDs on the virtual controller are assigned specific VLANs other than “Default”, the virtual controller automatically trunks the Ethernet port on all IAPs and enables tagging. The user has to configure trunking and tagging on the switch to which the IAPs are connected. No additional configuration is required on the IAP for trunking.

When connected to the IAP, you can type "instant" in the browser to connect to the Virtual Controller IP address.

• 3.  RE: Aruba IAP105 connection issue

Posted Nov 30, 2011 11:34 PM

thanks for the pervious advice should i configure the native vlan ( management vlan ) on the layer 2 switch? cause i still facing some difficulty to log into GUI even i have key in the virtual controller IP, fyi the virutal controller ip address is the same ip as the static ip for the access point ( 192.168.1.1 )

• 4.  RE: Aruba IAP105 connection issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2011 05:20 AM

Yes.  Configure the Native VLAN as the Native or untagged VLAN on the switch that the AP will be plugged into.  If you can ping the address, you should be able to get into it.  Change the switch port back to access to make sure you have connectivity.

• 5.  RE: Aruba IAP105 connection issue

Posted Dec 07, 2011 09:23 AM

Virtual controller IP should different from the IP any one of the APs