Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Instant Access Point doesn't give me the full speed but the phone do

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Aruba Instant Access Point doesn't give me the full speed but the phone do

Posted Oct 22, 2017 03:14 PM

Hello,

I have a wierd issue with my hyprid cluster which contains 3 APs 103 and 2 APs 207, My ISP fiber internet connection speed is 100mbps with no limitation for the user speed.

When i test the speed using my phone with no one is connected else it gives me about 99mbps which is fine but when i test the speed using my laptop or any other laptop it dosen't give me more than 40mbps!!!

With using a tplink router/AP there is no problem at all and every thing gives me a high speed test !!!

Also i have a high utilization even if there is no one is connected to the AP.

The firmware is 6.5.3.3

Please i need an urgent help!!!

• 2.  RE: Aruba Instant Access Point doesn't give me the full speed but the phone do

Posted Oct 22, 2017 06:38 PM
    Have you checked the laptop wireless card capabilities ?
    Does it support ac, gn, an?
    You can also see in the instant dashboard , what type of connection the laptop is able to negotiate with the AP .

Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: Aruba Instant Access Point doesn't give me the full speed but the phone do

Posted Oct 23, 2017 03:03 AM
      |   view attached

Yes the wireless card for my laptop and for other laptops supports 802.11b/g/n.

The wierd thing that if i connect to the tplink AP it gives me at speed test a high speed connection 70-80 mbps.

Does the utilization cased this a problem and why the utilization goes for more than 50% when no one is connect to the AP, look at this snap shot for three users connected!!!

• 4.  RE: Aruba Instant Access Point doesn't give me the full speed but the phone do

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 23, 2017 07:13 AM

The utilisation which you see is based on a cluster of IAP's. So if you have a single IAP it will always be highly utilized. If you have 2x IAP's then you can expect a different utilisation result.

Displays the radio utilization rate of the IAPs. Depending on the percentage of utilization, the color of the lines on the Utilization icon changes in the following order:

Green—Utilization is less than 50%.

Orange—Utilization is between 50% and 75%.

Red—Utilization is more than 75%. 

What RF properties do you have configured on the SSID in question? How old are the drivers running on the laptop?