Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Instant Broadcom SDIO

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba Instant Broadcom SDIO

Posted Feb 01, 2016 02:39 AM

Hello,

One of our resellers implemented some Aruba Instant WIFI networks in an educational environment. All is working well except for one specific device that randomly disconnects fom the network. It will only reconnect when you disable en enable the device in the device manager. Enabling/disabling Flightmode, disabling/enabling the radio. Move away to roam to a new AP, connect to another SSID and deleting the WLAN, connect from scratch all doesn't work. Unfortunatey this is the device chosen for digital education and there are about 100 in use per school. Another brand of client with the same NIC is experiencing exactly the same. NIC is part of the main board so you cannot change it. Using a USB NIC is not an option in this encironment.

Same also happens in a Vendor 2 wireless infrastructure but when using a wireless infrastructure of vendor 3 this device works fine. Even when it got disconnected from the Aruba Infrastructure you can immediately connect to an SSID on Vendor 3's infrastructure. I'm not naming them because this is a public forum and there is a lot of competition for this business. Above tests are done in a lab environment.

Aruba IAP103 clusters. I'm waiting for the version number. IAP is used default, only the SSID configured.

NIC used: 

Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter

Date 21-2-2014, Driver version 5.93.100.20

Hardware ID

SD\VID_02d0&PID_4324&FN_1

SD\VID_02d0&PID_4324

Clients OS

Windows 8.1 32bits. The digital learning app is build on this OS version.

We are in progress of setting up a live test with vendor 3 equipment but the reseller really needs to get this problem solved on Aruba. Any info is appreciated but I have no direct access to the Instant environment and have to pass it on.

thanks for any help

Erik

• 2.  RE: Aruba Instant Broadcom SDIO

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 01, 2016 03:54 AM

Are you getting the driver from the laptop manufacturer?  Which laptop is it?

• 3.  RE: Aruba Instant Broadcom SDIO

Posted Feb 01, 2016 05:01 AM
    test

• 4.  RE: Aruba Instant Broadcom SDIO

Posted Feb 01, 2016 05:06 AM

Hi Colin,

I have passed on the questions to the reseller. I will post their answer.

I know the second device they tested was a Dell but didn't get the the type. The primary device is sort of a no-brand, which has been sold under many names. I think they got the latest driver from Broadcom but I will confirm when they replied.

thanks

Erik

• 5.  RE: Aruba Instant Broadcom SDIO

Posted Feb 02, 2016 03:02 AM

Info from the reseller:

main client is an ECS TL10RE. Test client was a Dell Venue 11 pro 5000. Drivers are installed through the Windows installation process and updated through WIndows Update. Both devices have the same Broadcom NIC. 

regards

Erik

• 6.  RE: Aruba Instant Broadcom SDIO

Posted Feb 10, 2016 11:14 AM

more info IAP 103 on 4.1.1.11

Any luck with this? Reseller is doing a full PoC with vendor 3 equipment. Should I submit a TAC for this?

thanks

Erik

• 7.  RE: Aruba Instant Broadcom SDIO

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 10, 2016 11:16 AM

Yes, please open a TAC case.