Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

Posted Apr 18, 2020 08:37 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

Currently I upgrade Aruba Instant to the latest version 8.6.0.4, when turning on the Client Match function in case there are 2 types of AP IAP-315 and IAP-225 mixed together on the same cluster then after about 1 hour of use the UI Dashboard> Access Points> Client Match screen to "No data to display" even though it was shown before.
    Please advise how to fix it.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

Posted Apr 22, 2020 05:45 AM

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same behavior with a cluster of IAP-305 and another cluster of IAP-315. If I reboot the access points, the client match data will usually appear but after a while it will stop showing. This issue didn't start with 8.6.0.4, it started a few versions back.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

Posted Apr 23, 2020 12:18 AM

Yes, i saw this issue since fw version 8.4.0.x.

I suspect that cleint match function also stop working, so dashboard was no data to display.

• 4.  RE: Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

Posted May 05, 2020 05:08 AM

May i know if any one encounter the same issue and have a solution to fix it. Thanks.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

Posted Jun 11, 2020 06:29 AM

同じことになりました。

IAP-303を2台設置前にAruba Instant 8.6.0.4にアップデートを行ったため、症状が出てしまいました。

この症状が3例あります。

症状に気づいてからはバージョンアップしていません。

まだ解決できていません。

解決策あるでしょうか?

• 6.  RE: Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

Posted Jun 12, 2020 09:48 AM

No solution from Aruba yet. This issue is not related to hardware of any model, it is firmware issue. Seems firmware team  have not been carefully tested in the lab before launching.  As it has this issue from version 8.4.0.0. 

• 7.  RE: Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

Posted Jun 12, 2020 09:09 PM

Arubaから改善と対策を頂きたいですね。

こちらでも対策があれば書き込みしたいと思います。

ありがとうございます

• 8.  RE: Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

Posted Jun 29, 2020 07:51 AM

Hi,

Today I see a new firmware version 8.6.0.5 appears, I am updating it instead of version 8.6.0.4 to see if Client Match will display data stable or not.

Regards,

• 9.  RE: Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

Posted Jun 29, 2020 11:12 AM

I also have this problem. In my network already version 8.7 ..
    I am looking to update directly to this version.

• 10.  RE: Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2020 05:23 PM

Has anyone in this thread that is observing the issue opened a TAC case?  If not, please do so and publish the TAC case# so that we can track it.

If something is posted here and we cannot replicate it internally, there is nothing to fix, because we cannot replicate it.  Sometimes an issue is very specific to a customer's environment and we need to observe all the factors so that we can properly identify a problem, device a plan that will not break other things and ensure that the problem that originally caused the issue is fixed properly.

Just posting an issue on this forum does not automatically fix anything.  Opening a TAC case provide that opportunity, however.

• 11.  RE: Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

Posted Jun 30, 2020 05:38 AM

Updated to the 8.6.0.5, which was supposed to fix the issue, but the problem persists, no client match data in the GUI interface after a while.

• 12.  RE: Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2020 06:40 AM

Are there release notes that say the bug is identified or fixed?

• 13.  RE: Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

Posted Jun 30, 2020 07:18 AM

Yes,

From 8.6.0.5 release notes:

AOS-200980

Client Match and AppRF data of the Instant cluster were not displayed in the Dashboard > Clients page of the Instant webUI. The fix ensures that Client Match and AppRF data are displayed in the webUI as expected. This issue was observed in APs running Aruba Instant 8.3.0.0 or later versions.

• 14.  RE: Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2020 11:02 AM

Please open a TAC case so that your information can be captured and engineering can be informed.

• 15.  RE: Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

Posted Jun 30, 2020 11:28 AM

Sorry, I do not have ASP account because I am a small business using public email, so I cannot create ASP acount by gmail, hotmail.
    I hope someone open a TAC case on behalf me.

BTW, Client Match "no data to display" in the Dashboard > Access Points page of the Instant webUI after 1 day of use with 8.6.0.5.

(edited)

Thanks

• 16.  RE: Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

Posted Jul 01, 2020 09:31 PM

I upgraded to version 8.7.00_75915 and solved my problem. In addition to the client match, I also didn't see AppRF data. Now I visualize both.

• 17.  RE: Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

Posted Jul 02, 2020 01:24 PM

correcting .. the moment I updated the client match data appears but now almost 24 hours later it no longer shows the data. I will try to open a case to verify this.

• 18.  RE: Aruba Instant Client Match no data to display

Posted Jun 12, 2020 09:46 AM
    No solution from Aruba yet. This issue is not related to hardware of any model, it is firmware issue. Seems firmware team  have not been carefully tested in the lab before launching.  As it has this issue from version 8.4.0.0.