Controllerless Networks

Contributor II

Aruba Instant Internal Server Authentication Failure With Complex Passwords

Hardware - Aruba IAP-105

Software - 6.1.3.4-3.1.0.0

I've got an IAP 105 that I'm trying to set up a WPA2 Enterprise SSID on.  I've successfully got the SSID built, but wasn't able to authenticate to the SSID.  Both my devices (an iPhone4S and a Nexus 7 tablet) report authentication errors, as does the IAP.  So I thought, maybe somehow I'm flubbing my password.  So I changed my password to "abc123" and lo and behold it worked.  So I changed it back to my normal password, and it failed again.  Baffled that maybe somehow my password length (>12 characters) was causing the problem, I changed the password to "1234567890" which again, worked.  Back to my password again, not so much.  I finally changed the password to "abc123ABC456" and was then able to reproduce the password not working.  This password is very similar to the one I want to use, that is, both capital and lower case letters, some numbers, and no special characters.  It appears that if I have any complexity at all in the password, authentication fails.  Ideas anyone?

Guru Elite

Re: Aruba Instant Internal Server Authentication Failure With Complex Passwords

daringone wrote:

Hardware - Aruba IAP-105

Software - 6.1.3.4-3.1.0.0

I've got an IAP 105 that I'm trying to set up a WPA2 Enterprise SSID on.  I've successfully got the SSID built, but wasn't able to authenticate to the SSID.  Both my devices (an iPhone4S and a Nexus 7 tablet) report authentication errors, as does the IAP.  So I thought, maybe somehow I'm flubbing my password.  So I changed my password to "abc123" and lo and behold it worked.  So I changed it back to my normal password, and it failed again.  Baffled that maybe somehow my password length (>12 characters) was causing the problem, I changed the password to "1234567890" which again, worked.  Back to my password again, not so much.  I finally changed the password to "abc123ABC456" and was then able to reproduce the password not working.  This password is very similar to the one I want to use, that is, both capital and lower case letters, some numbers, and no special characters.  It appears that if I have any complexity at all in the password, authentication fails.  Ideas anyone?

Daringone,

Thank you for your info. 

We are in the middle of investigating this. 

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor II

I've downgraded to 6.1.3.1-3.0.0.2 and the problem has been resolved.  I'll be happy to help test solutions to the 6.1.3.4-3.1.0.0 when available.

Retired Employee

daringone,

I would recommend you to open a TAC case regarding this.

Thanks,
--
HT
Contributor II

I don't need the latest and greatest in this case.  This is literally my personal IAP.  I'll wait until the kinks are worked out and then upgrade again.

New Contributor

I am also setting up an Instant 105 for personal use. I am currently getting DHCP from a Netgear Router. How do I configure the Instant to be the DHCP Server? What options will I have and will it manage my Wired clients as well? The 105 is connected to a POE switch as well as the other desktops. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: