Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Instant - Modifiy multiple access point parameters

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Aruba Instant - Modifiy multiple access point parameters

Posted Oct 04, 2019 05:45 AM

Hello !

I'm discovering the Aruba Instant product and I can't find how to modifiy the uplink vlan for all the access points easily. 

I know I can change it AP per AP but I'm wondering if there is a way to do it more efficiently ! 

I tried to include the CLI configuration in the "backup configuration" but it doesn't work (I think the configuration files is executed under "config" while the uplink-vlan is one level above.

Is there not a method to push CLI configuration through the Instant interface ?

FYI, I'm using the 8.5.0.1_71357 firmwave version.

Thanks for your help  ! 

• 2.  RE: Aruba Instant - Modifiy multiple access point parameters

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 06, 2019 07:20 PM

One way is to configure the Native VLAN on the Instant cluster by setting the Uplink Switch Native VLAN parameter which can be found under System > General > Show Advanced.

This will use “enet-vlan <vid>” config that is saved on each IAP in the cluster.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Instant - Modifiy multiple access point parameters

Posted Oct 07, 2019 06:31 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your answer, just tried it and it doesn't work in both cases : 

- with uplink-vlan parameter set

- with uplink-vlan parameter unset (0)

I forgot to mention that my management vlan is tagged on the switch port.

Any other idea ? 

• 4.  RE: Aruba Instant - Modifiy multiple access point parameters

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 08, 2019 12:00 AM

Hi MinhLam,

To get the management VLAN tagged in the Uplink you need to do two things. First, you need to tell the cluster what the switch uplink native VLAN is. This is very easy and can be done as a cluster-wide parameter:

enet-vlan 102

If your management VLAN is tagged and not the native VLAN on the switch you need to define this on per IAP basis:

uplink-vlan 103

For this to work, the VLAN ID in the second command needs to be different than the VLAN ID in the first command. 

The second command needs to be issued on every IAP individually. You cannot set it once for all. The only option is to use a management system like AirWave or Central. Here you can define those parameters once and they will get pushed to all devices. 

Have a look at my blog post here:

https://www.flomain.de/2017/06/change-the-management-vlan-for-aruba-instant/ 

I describe the way to use a tagged management VLAN for IAP's. 

• 5.  RE: Aruba Instant - Modifiy multiple access point parameters

Posted Oct 08, 2019 06:51 AM

Hello Florian,

Thank you for your answer ! That's what I concluded but I wanted a confirmation from someone with more experience in IAP management.