Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Instant Organization String limit and Airwave

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Aruba Instant Organization String limit and Airwave

Posted Jun 08, 2017 01:52 AM

Hi Community,

We have been recently deploying Aruba Instant for some time and we just use Airwave to monitor those iAPs and VCs.

However, the process of configuring Instant to point to Airwave seems to be a bit of a hassle, specially using Organization String, which has a limit of 32 chars. In our Airwave, folders are heavily hierarchical, and as such, we were unable to fit the Airwave folder's name in just 32 chars.

As a result, I just set a trivial Organization String, then use Airwave to move the APs/VCs around to the folders/groups that we wanted.

So my questions are,

• What's reason behind 32 chars limit and if there is any plan to increase this limit?
    • Do APs/VCs move back to the folder configured in Organization String, after a failover (i.e. the AP hosting the VC went down and another AP took over the hosting of VC)

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Aruba Instant Organization String limit and Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 08, 2017 06:39 AM

Hi,

Comments inline

So my questions are,

• What's reason behind 32 chars limit and if there is any plan to increase this limit?

If you want more than 32chars limit, I would recommand to file feature request at our support site and follow up with your accouts team.

• Do APs/VCs move back to the folder configured in Organization String, after a failover (i.e. the AP hosting the VC went down and another AP took over the hosting of VC)

Nope, it does move to default orgnization group, if you already moved VC to new Group manually which you have created in Airwave.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post addresses, your query give kudos:)

• 3.  RE: Aruba Instant Organization String limit and Airwave

Posted Jun 09, 2017 05:15 AM

Hi Pavan,

So the VC won't move back to the original folder, but does move to the oroginal group?

For example, if Organization String is set to: RoleA:FolderB, when VC is added on Airwave, it will join Group "RoleA" and folder "Top>FolderB". The member APs will then follow the VC location.

Let say we then move the APs to folder "Top>FolderC>Subfolder" (Group unchanged), will the VC or member APs move back to "Top>FolderB" if there was a VC failover?

• 4.  RE: Aruba Instant Organization String limit and Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2017 05:20 AM

VCs and its Slave APs does not move to their original Group/folder if they goes down, if we moved them manually to a different folder/group.

Regards,

Pavan