Controllerless Networks

Highlighted

Aruba Instant and TACACS or TACACS+ support

Hi community,

I want to verify something. As far as I read in the Aruba Instant manual, you can configure RADIUS or TACACS authentication servers to authenticate and authorize the management users of an Instant AP.

My question is: does it refer to TACACS or TACACS+ server?, are both supported?, is just only one supported?

Maybe Aruba guys can confirm me this.

Thanks in advance

PS: If you feel this information is useful and solved your question or problem, please do not forget to mark it as a solution and give me some kudos.
MVP Guru

Re: Aruba Instant and TACACS or TACACS+ support

2019-05-17 12_55_05-VideoFrameWnd.png

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_85_WebHelp/Content/instant-ug/authentication/supp-auth-serv.htm?Highlight=tacacs

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

Hi Victor,

If you scroll down a little in the link you posted, you will find the following:

TACACS.jpg

As you can see, here it is said that TACACS server is the authentication server to authenticate and authorize all types of management users.

It seems that says something different to what you pointed in your answer. The question is, which answer is the correct?, is TACACS or TACACS+?

Regards

PS: If you feel this information is useful and solved your question or problem, please do not forget to mark it as a solution and give me some kudos.

If TACACS+ is a Cisco proprietary protocol:

https://ipwithease.com/tacacs-vs-tacacs/

Why Aruba products implement TACACS+?

It seems to be a contradiction.

Anybody who can explain this?

Regards

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: