Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Aruba Instant and iPads

I opened a support case, and support have given me some commands to run, when the problem occurs.

The problem is that it hasn't oocured again since I made a change to the WIP settings to turn of containment for both wired and wireless. Not sure why this would be affecting the ipads?

Can you tell me if I am creating a hugh security risk by doing this?

Guru Elite

I cannot tell you why it has not happened, or if turning off containment really solves the issue.  Please communicate your findings to support so that they can analyze, since they have your tech support data.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

@cjoseph wrote:
Instant aps do not support OKC.
All available rates should be advertised by default unless they have been changed.
An SSID is broadcast by default unless it is manually hidden.

If an i-device disconnects after 20 minutes of inactivity it should just reconnect and not be held off the network for 15 minutes.

Please open a support case so we can get to the bottom of this.

Do you know if it is supported in 6.2.x version of Instants?

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACCX #817, ACMP, ACMX #294
New Contributor

cjoseph wrote:
Instant aps do not support OKC.

Is that still fact?

Thanks a lot!

Valued Contributor I

IAP does not support OKC -- yet.   Keep an eye out for v.4.0 over the next week or so.  OKC support is being added in that release.

New Contributor

Thanks a lot!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: