Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Aruba cloud

Posted Nov 21, 2013 09:11 AM

I have question about Aruba cloud:

1- The Aruba cloud is only for IAP?

2- If the Aruba cloud is for AP, what is the advantage for the client to have the Aruba cloud? The client can change what he want with the controller.

3- If a client have 3 IAP and he don't have computer tech on is site, the Aruba cloud is a good product for the maintenance and repair?

4- What is the price for the Aruba cloud?

5- What I have to do for connect Aruba cloud to the IAP? After an installation, a client can buy the Aruba cloud or he have to buy the cloud before the installation?

• 2.  RE: Aruba cloud
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 21, 2013 09:24 AM

1- The Aruba cloud is only for IAP?

Yes
    2- If the Aruba cloud is for AP, what is the advantage for the client to have the Aruba cloud? The client can change what he want with the controller.

The advantage is that is like a airwave(with not soo many features) you can configure IAP clusters from it, you got alarms, you got reports etc.

3- If a client have 3 IAP and he don't have computer tech on is site, the Aruba cloud is a good product for the maintenance and repair?

dont understand the questions

4- What is the price for the Aruba cloud?

It would depend on your local reseller, you need to contact an aruba partner, our price might be not the same of another partner price.

5- What I have to do for connect Aruba cloud to the IAP? After an installation, a client can buy the Aruba cloud or he have to buy the cloud before the installation?

I balive you can buy it after if you want...

• 3.  RE: Aruba cloud

Posted Nov 21, 2013 09:28 AM

Thank you, I call the reseller.

• 4.  RE: Aruba cloud
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 21, 2013 11:05 AM

adding a few points:

2) Otheradvantages: it'sdesignedformulti-tenancy, customer is not performing maintenance cycles ona physical server, and it's accessibleaslongassubscriptionisuptodate and valid connection to the internet.

3) Exactly.  A main office can ship IAPs, have them plugged in by some installer, and then be online in minutes.  There's a zero touch deployment guide which walks through the process.  The initial setup is create a profile in Aruba Activate.  Then when the AP first comes online, it will try to reach Aruba Activate (if the port is open) to get a profile.  That profile can point the AP to Aruba Central which can then push a desired config to the AP (I've gone through this process, and it usually takes 5-8 minutes depending on network latency and AP boot up time).

5) If Aruba Central subscription is purchased post deployment, all you have to do is go into the AP that's acting as Virtual Controller, under settings -> admin -> update "AirWave/Aruba Central IP" with Aruba Central IP (it can be DNS also if on firmware 3.4 or newer).

• 5.  RE: Aruba cloud

Posted Nov 21, 2013 11:28 AM

Thank you for your answer.

My last question.

For example:

I have 3 clients with 2 IAP each. The entire client don't have tech for support and I do the support for my client.

To manage my 3 clients I can use the some Aruba cloud interface or if each client do have is Aruba cloud interface?

• 6.  RE: Aruba cloud
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 21, 2013 12:09 PM

Quick correction to the steps mentioned above. Steps 3 through 5 are transparent to the end user. The activate and telling IAP to talk to cloud are done automatically in the back end. The customer experience is as follows:

1) Buy subscription for Aruba Central (before buying IAPs or after buying IAPs....doesnt matter)

2) When the IAPs arrive at the customer location, plug them into uplink that has internet connectivity

......thats it!

Regarding the second question about supporting multiple end clients...

...yes this is possible today using the current Role based access framework.

1. create a seperate "Group" for each end client

2. Restrict access for each end client on a per group basis.

• 7.  RE: Aruba cloud

Posted Nov 21, 2013 12:11 PM

Thank you

• 8.  RE: Aruba cloud

Posted Dec 19, 2013 04:55 PM

What is the  boot process for the IAP?  How does it know to go to the cloud controller?   Is there any documentation?

Thanks.