Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba noob, 3 IAP-105s, want them working together

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba noob, 3 IAP-105s, want them working together

Posted Dec 19, 2012 04:53 PM

Hoping for a little hand holding on this.  I am new to Aruba and to setting up multiple WAPs.  I was told I could get them to work together and one could act as a virutal controller and they would all share the same SSID.  I cannot seem to find instructions on how to make this happen.  I have one up and running well but I have not unboxed the other two yet.  Could someone point me in the direction of how to make this work?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Aruba noob, 3 IAP-105s, want them working together

Posted Dec 19, 2012 04:56 PM

Simply plug the other two IAPs into the same Vlan as the existing IAP (VC).  They have to be in the same Vlan to discover each other.The new "members" will automatically find the existing VC, download a copy of the config from the VC, and also download the same version of code running on the VC from the internet.

It is really that simple.

• 3.  RE: Aruba noob, 3 IAP-105s, want them working together

Posted Dec 19, 2012 04:58 PM

I just plug them in on the same network?  That's it?  That sounds evil genius easy.

• 4.  RE: Aruba noob, 3 IAP-105s, want them working together

Posted Dec 19, 2012 05:02 PM

bwahhahahaha.....pure evil   :robotmad:

Also, the IAP User's Guide is available for download in the Documentation section of our Technical Support site.   No login is needed.