Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba switch in Cisco network

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Aruba switch in Cisco network

Posted Nov 24, 2018 05:18 AM

I just got my first Aruba switch to evaluate it as I’m looking at some switch replacements. From the switch side I’ve worked with Cisco for years and it’s what I know better, but some of my network of IT folks have been singing Aruba/procurve praises so I’m doing some testing.

I think I’ve got a handle in tagged/untagged ports vs trunks. In some testing today I set up my vlans to match my existing setup but I found I couldn’t reach any of them unless I set an IP address on that vlan on the Aruba switch. Is this normal? Is there a guide somewhere I could look at to see how to integrate an Aruba switch into a Cisco environment?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Aruba switch in Cisco network

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 25, 2018 01:04 PM
    Hi chamunda

Here is the hpe networking vs cisco cli reference guide.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04793912

If you need some help, put your cisco config example her and look what i can do for you.

• 3.  RE: Aruba switch in Cisco network

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 25, 2018 02:00 PM

To stay a little bit update check this thread which report links to download the very latest 3.3 Edition of the Aruba HPE Networking and Cisco CLI Reference Guide.

• 4.  RE: Aruba switch in Cisco network