Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Backup config from IAP135 and restore to IAP225

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Backup config from IAP135 and restore to IAP225

Posted Aug 13, 2013 11:34 AM

Hi All,

Anyone know if it's going to be possible to backup config from IAP135 and restore to IAP225?

Thanks

James

• 2.  RE: Backup config from IAP135 and restore to IAP225
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 22, 2013 12:17 AM

Hi James,

I'm under the impression that it's going to be another few months before the IAP-225 will ship. Let us know if that has changed; I would definitely like to show off the AP-225 in the field.

One thing that I've had a few customers do is to use Aruba Activate to remotely configure IAPs. You could place the IAP-225 in the same Activate group as the IAP-135 and let it pull down the correct configuration from  your Airwave instance.

Just a thought.

-Mike

• 3.  RE: Backup config from IAP135 and restore to IAP225

Posted Aug 22, 2013 08:36 AM

HI Mike, 

Thanks for the reply. Yeah the release date is a little way away as far as I know. We just have a project that needs them but are having IAP135s in the interim. 

What we'll be doing when the IAP225s come out is.... 

Upgrade the code version on the IAP135 (there will no doubt be a new release for the IAP220 series)

Then unplug an IAP135 and plug in an IAP225 (little bit simplified but you get the idea)

Don't know why I didn't think of this originally. 

So there will actually be no need to backup then restore the config.

Cheers

James