Controllerless Networks

Guru Elite

Re: Bandwidth limit

@fastman314 wrote:
Ap1: 149e
Ap2: 36e
Ap3: 149e

Same max 200Mb limit on ios13 and win10 devices.

Tried lowering firmware back to 8.5.0.1. Same issue.

We answer this question quite a few times on the forum, and everyone gets differing results based on their setup and different factors; many that are beyond control.  Outside of a lab environment, where everything can be controlled, the main limiting factors are the client(s) in use and environmental factors.  If you want to pursue this, you can open a Technical Support case and obtain their assistance to help you running these tests, but again, the environment, since wireless is a shared medium, will probably be the most limiting factor.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor II

@mkk wrote:

For reference... I use a AP-325 with ArubaOS 8.6.0.0 at 80mhz (one AP without co-channel interference (not advised in office environments). My iPerf test are 500Mbit/sec download with iPhone8 and Windows 10 with 802.11ac 2x2 antenna.

If your have low throughput at different type of devices then its no diver issue at the client side and should the main reason be RF interference or low signal strength (low SNR), or at the LAN side but your checked that allready.

Use a spectrum analyser like Ekahau or if dont have that, download WinFi Lite and look for RSSI,SNR, channel ulitization (calculated without spectrum analyser), 802.11 standard. Also check if you have high re-transmission rates. Is VHT enabled in you configuraton?

Also note that the channel 149 is in the 5GHz U-NII-3 band what give you max. 25mw EIRP in the Europe regulatory domain (what should be fine with a good AP placement plan. Standard Recommendation, lower your tx power to around 30mw and equals to the tx power of your weakest client device). See attachment.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I think what I find odd is that there have been no config changes nor changes to the "air". Speed tests that used to be consistently at 300-400Mb, are now almost "locked" at a ceiling of 200Mb.Never goes higher then around 200Mb. Seems almost like a setting is creating a limit.

arm
 wide-bands 5ghz
 80mhz-support
 a-channels 36,40,44,48,149,153,157,161,165,36+,44+,149+,157+,36E,149E,36S
 g-channels 1,6,11
 min-tx-power 3
 max-tx-power 127
 band-steering-mode prefer-5ghz
 air-time-fairness-mode preferred-access
 scanning
 client-match

rf dot11g-radio-profile
 max-tx-power 9
 min-tx-power 6
 smart-antenna

rf dot11a-radio-profile
 max-tx-power 18
 min-tx-power 15
 smart-antenna

rf dot11a-secondary-radio-profile
 min-tx-power 15
 smart-antenna

wlan ssid-profile SOHO
 enable
 index 0
 type employee
 essid SOHO
 wpa-passphrase 
 opmode wpa2-psk-aes
 max-authentication-failures 0
 rf-band all
 captive-portal disable
 dtim-period 1
 broadcast-filter arp
 multicast-rate-optimization
 dynamic-multicast-optimization
 dmo-channel-utilization-threshold 80
 local-probe-req-thresh 0
 max-clients-threshold 64
 dot11k
 dot11v
Guru Elite

Please open a case with Technical Support and let us know here how it goes.  The only thing I see that can be affecting your performance is changing "preferred-access"

air-time-fairness-mode 

to default access.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
MVP Expert
MVP Expert

What are your RSSI,SNR and 802.11 re-transmission rate levels on the client device?

On a Iphone RSSI is visible through the airport utility app (enable in application settings first).

SNR and re-tranmissions are best visible in your controller.

Kind Regards Marcel Koedijk
HPE ASE Flexnetwork | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE Design - Was this post usefull, Kudos are welcome.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: