Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Bloomberg App not working on IAP225

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Bloomberg App not working on IAP225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2014 06:16 AM

Have just deployed a cluster of IAP225 for customer in an investment bank and is currently only for guest users.

They have just said that everything is fine, but they are unable to open the Bloomberg App when connected to wireless.  Apart from that everything else is fine and can get to internet etc.  I don't know the full details of this app or what url it is trying to get to at the moment.

So far we have tried the following.

• Connect laptop with wire to switch on same subnet as APs and is working fine, so not the upstream firewall.
    • Currently was on 'VC assigned vlan', but we tried to change this to default vlan.  Client got an ip in same range as IAPs, but still couldn't open Bloomberg app.
    • Turned off drop broadcast/multicast, and still not working.
    • Changed access to unrestricted, and still not working.

The customer is gathering some more info like 'ap datapath session table' and tech support dumps and I will probably do a remote session with them, but in the meantime I just though I'd throw the question out there in advance in case someone else has come across this issue.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Bloomberg App not working on IAP225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2014 07:17 AM

Please take a look at the Bloomberg transport security document here:  http://about.bloomberg.com/transport_security.pdf which outlines what traffic needs to pass so that you can understand what you need to see in the datapath session table.  There is alot of good troubleshooting information in the document.

• 3.  RE: Bloomberg App not working on IAP225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2014 08:27 AM
    Also,

Are you able to capture the uplink of the IAP to see if the traffic is making it through?

• 4.  RE: Bloomberg App not working on IAP225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2014 08:45 AM

Packet capture is always on my troubleshooting list, but I have a few other things to try first.

Remote session with the customer later and I should know more then.

• 5.  RE: Bloomberg App not working on IAP225
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2014 12:15 PM

After a site visit, it turns out that the laptop working on the wire was a red herring and that was not actually the case.

The customer had locked down the firewall to only allow http, https and vpn and hence was blocking some of the necessary ports for this Bloomberg App.  I was under the impression that it was open to allow everything at the time of testing, which wasn't the case.

All good in the end.  Phew.

:smileyhappy: