Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't connect to WiFi if only one IP is allowed in firewall settings

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can't connect to WiFi if only one IP is allowed in firewall settings

Posted May 20, 2015 06:49 AM

Hello,

I am using IAP-205 access points to create a wireless network for VoIP communication.

I would like to block the general internet access from all the devices connected to WIFi and allow access only to one public IP address (our VoIP server), let say 74.454.464.223.

However, if I put the only rule "Allow any to 74.454.464.223" in the Instant UI's settings, the devices can not connect to the wireless network anymore.

I can see the smartphone starts authenticaticating, then disconnects, then tries to connect again...

How could I solve this?

• 2.  RE: Can't connect to WiFi if only one IP is allowed in firewall settings

Posted May 20, 2015 06:57 AM
    Aré you allowing DHCP, DNS ?

• 3.  RE: Can't connect to WiFi if only one IP is allowed in firewall settings

Posted May 20, 2015 03:18 PM

No, I guess I don't! 

I have only set the rule "Allow any" to the public IP of my server.

I see what you mean, I guess I shall add "allow any" to the IP of my DHCP router, correct? (this might be a stupid question, but I am not a network engineer unfortunately)

• 4.  RE: Can't connect to WiFi if only one IP is allowed in firewall settings
    Best Answer

Posted May 20, 2015 03:22 PM

Just add two rules to allow DNS and DHCP to either any server or to an specific server that provides these services in your network