Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't log in after dhcp config

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can't log in after dhcp config

Posted Dec 31, 2015 02:34 PM

I was trying to get dhcp relay to a windows dhcp server to work by making a centralized dhcp server.  I set the vlan to 10 and changed one of our 5 SSIDs to use that vlan.  It didn't work so I kept changing the dhcp settings, enabling option 82 and then enabling tunnel.  I could still access the IAP and once was able to give a client a dhcp address (viewed from the server) but the client refused to stay connected.  So I changed the setting from L2 to centralized L3, put in my dhcp server's ip address as the vlan ip and set the vlan subnet to our subnet (255.255.252.0) and that's when everything went bad.  I couldn't connect to the IAP anymore from either wired or wireless clients though the wireless client which was connected to an unaffected SSID had internet just fine.  I can't log in to the IAP from our server either.  https://instant:4343 doesn't work either.  Sometimes I get the "your connection is not private" page and then click proceed but the login page never shows up.  What is going on? 

• 2.  RE: Can't log in after dhcp config

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 31, 2015 04:35 PM

Backup to where everything worked.  Make one change at a time after that.

• 3.  RE: Can't log in after dhcp config

Posted Jan 04, 2016 05:14 PM

I'm trying to.  I cannot access the web gui.  And whenever I access the CLI, it's extremely slow.  Usually it disconnects me before I get a login screen but sometimes I can send a macro of commands through once I get the login screen.  I'm trying various commands in the command line reference but they're not working.  First, how do I get the profile name of my custom vlan (#10) and then how do I change the setting on that vlan to Centralized L2?  I have IAP-105s. 

• 4.  RE: Can't log in after dhcp config
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 05, 2016 01:23 PM

I did it!  I got the dhcp profile name, I think it was through dhcp show.  Then I deleted the profile using autohotkey (because I couldn't type it fast enough before it disconnected) in putty (the best program to hold a long connection):

AP# configure terminal

AP# no ip dhcp baddhcpprofile

AP# end

AP# commit apply

Finally everything is back to normal.  Just a warning to anyone who doesn't have a controller, don't choose L3 dhcp.  

• 5.  RE: Can't log in after dhcp config

Posted Jan 05, 2016 01:39 PM

[edit] too slow