Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Can the Instant RAP Access Points VPN to 3rd Party Firewalls

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Can the Instant RAP Access Points VPN to 3rd Party Firewalls

Posted Dec 11, 2013 09:20 AM

Good Morning,

I have a client with an existing Juniper SRX Firewall, but wants to have a couple small or home offices.  They like our Aruba Networks RAP product line.  I haven't scoured the Administration Documents, but can the Instant RAP-108/109/155/3 connect to 3rd Party Firewalls such as Juniper Networks, Cisco Systems, or Checkpoint for VPN tunneling purposes only to provide secure connections back to the corporate network?  

• 2.  RE: Can the Instant RAP Access Points VPN to 3rd Party Firewalls

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 11, 2013 09:21 AM

No.

They can only tunnel to Aruba Controllers.

• 3.  RE: Can the Instant RAP Access Points VPN to 3rd Party Firewalls

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 11, 2013 09:56 AM

Our mobility access switch (look at the S1500-12P) can terminate IPSec VPN to a third party.  By the way, it also has a firewall, NAT routing, DHCP services, and automatic IAP VLAN/QoS configuration!!!

• 4.  RE: Can the Instant RAP Access Points VPN to 3rd Party Firewalls

Posted Dec 11, 2013 11:47 AM

Seth,

Thanks for the response!  I was looking at documentation, and it looks like the data sheet for the S3500 also supports Site-to-Site VPN's.  Is this a function of S1500 or a function of the Mobility Access Switches?

I like the idea of using a S1500-12P like you suggested, then a IAP-105 for wireless in a kit.  Please let me know your thoughts.  Ideally, I then just have a IPSec security policy on their Juniper SRX firewall allowing the client to setup shop dynamically where-ever they plop down.  

• 5.  RE: Can the Instant RAP Access Points VPN to 3rd Party Firewalls

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 11, 2013 12:01 PM

Yes...these features are supported on ALL MAS devices.  Also, the IAPis a great choice for a whole solution.  Keep in mind that Activate NOW supports the MAS so with Airwave, both can be shipped to the site and auto configured using Airwave.  

There are caveats...so please read the documentation fully to gain an understanding...

• 6.  RE: Can the Instant RAP Access Points VPN to 3rd Party Firewalls

Posted Jan 09, 2014 08:04 AM

Is there any plan of getting the iAP to establish VPN with 3rd Party Firewalls ?

• 7.  RE: Can the Instant RAP Access Points VPN to 3rd Party Firewalls

Posted Jan 12, 2014 10:16 AM

Here is an ideea : 

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/prm/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=08740000000LEYoAAO

Please promote if you want the same