Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Can you schedule a Aruba 3600 Controller to reboot on a weekly / monthly basis

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Can you schedule a Aruba 3600 Controller to reboot on a weekly / monthly basis

Posted Apr 30, 2014 07:50 AM

Can you schedule a Aruba 3600 Controller to reboot on a weekly / monthly basis

• 2.  RE: Can you schedule a Aruba 3600 Controller to reboot on a weekly / monthly basis

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 30, 2014 08:06 AM

There is nothing built into ArubaOS with that functionality, no.

• 3.  RE: Can you schedule a Aruba 3600 Controller to reboot on a weekly / monthly basis

Posted Apr 30, 2014 09:46 AM

You may be able to achieve this with a script and a MRV using its power adapter. This would serve the dual purpose of adding serial console access to the controller.

Mike

• 4.  RE: Can you schedule a Aruba 3600 Controller to reboot on a weekly / monthly basis

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 30, 2014 09:54 AM

mldickson,

Would you care to provide or point to an example?

• 5.  RE: Can you schedule a Aruba 3600 Controller to reboot on a weekly / monthly basis

Posted Apr 30, 2014 11:17 AM

The MRV (www.mrv.com)  LX series console server provides OOB serial connectivity. We use model LX4016-T but there's a huge array of density options (the LX-1000T 4-port is their smallest option, I believe).  

Power management is achieved by adding their companion power controller, the MRV LX 5260. Commands sent from the console server can be pushed to the power controller. I belive we performed scheduled power cycling a while back using SNMP scripts. I'd have tio check. It looks like newer version of MRV firmware will allow scheduled "device-under-test" functionality and possibly other built-in scheduled power cycling options.