Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot connect to AP535 with default credentials. LED status - Red

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  Cannot connect to AP535 with default credentials. LED status - Red

Posted Oct 30, 2019 06:32 AM

Hello everyone,

I work in a distributor company and was given a demo AP535 access point for testing/lab purposes. When i first connected it to the ethernet cable i went to the Web-GUI and it asked me to upload the firmware. I have done it, uploaded the Scorpio version of OS. Seemed like it upgraded it fine, but after the rebooting the system status LED become Red and when I try to enter the configuration menu it says that the default admin/admin credentials are incorrect. 

What could be the reason of this? Could it be because I connected it to the VoIP cable of the company(because it has PoE). Please assist me to solve the issue

• 2.  RE: Cannot connect to AP535 with default credentials. LED status - Red
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2019 06:55 AM

I believe it was changed in Instant OS 8.5.0.0.  The password is now the serial number of the AP.

Screenshot 2019-10-30 at 05.54.29.png

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant%2085xx_RN_WebHelp/Default.htm#releasenotes/features/features85x.htm%3FTocPath%3D_____2

• 3.  RE: Cannot connect to AP535 with default credentials. LED status - Red

Posted Oct 30, 2019 06:56 AM

usename: admin

password: key in the ap serial number

• 4.  RE: Cannot connect to AP535 with default credentials. LED status - Red

Posted Oct 30, 2019 08:24 AM

Ok, thank you!