Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot reach vrtual controller via remote access

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Cannot reach vrtual controller via remote access

Posted Apr 01, 2014 09:35 AM

Hi!

I have 4 AP in instant mode which is connected to switch, and then connected to router with public (routable) IP.  Router is also dhcp server (192.168.0.0/24) which provide adressess for switch and IAPs. I set virtual controller ip as 192.168.0.254, and then I said to provider to set remote access from internet to 192.168.0.254:4343 but it doesn't work. Additonally remote access to switch is working (192.168.0.253:80 - sticky IP do MAC). Anyone have some idea? Maybe I cannot set remote access for virtual controller IP but only for Master IP (which cause set remote access for four IP IAPs and the guess who is now in master role).

Thanks in advence!

• 2.  RE: Cannot reach vrtual controller via remote access

Posted Apr 01, 2014 09:45 AM

You should be able to access the IAPs using port 4343 to the VC yes.

How exactly is the provider giving you this remote access? Do you know?

Does your connection to it traverse the internet or a public network? If so, it must be NAT'd.

Having said that, on the basis you can access another device (in the 192.168.0.x network) which has been enabled with whatever this remote access is on port 80, I suspect your issue might be to do with firewall rules somewhere between where you are, and this network is. And the firewall rules are likely blocking port 4343?

• 3.  RE: Cannot reach vrtual controller via remote access

Posted Apr 01, 2014 09:56 AM

It is done by NAT in order: PUBLIC_IP:SOME_PORT - > 192.168.0.254:4343

It seems firewall issue on their side because i was trying access via HSPA+ (so technically there is no firewall blocking rules) and still the same.

Maybe i will check wheter they configure it properly or not.

• 4.  RE: Cannot reach vrtual controller via remote access
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 01, 2014 10:30 AM

Yeah do that. Also, ask them to enable an SSH port forwarding rule through too. Then you can try that. I.e. forward a port (whatever) to port 22 at the VC IP.