Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Cant connect to instant.arubanetworks.com suddenly

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Cant connect to instant.arubanetworks.com suddenly

Posted Apr 25, 2017 12:19 PM

I am a small business owner not an IT worker.

I have had the IAP-2015 set up connected to a switch getting DHCP for a number of months. It is connected to a POE injector. And is set as a WiFI access point.

I cannot access the device. Last time I tried a few months ago and it was accessible. I tried power cycling it.

The connections to it work fine.

I do not have a console cable. When I installed it i simply plugged it into my switch whcih is connected to my Router serving DHCP. I then accessed it via the browser at https://instant.arubanetworks.com:4343/#home

Is there some other connection method or any other means of accessing it? Any help would be great...

• 2.  RE: Cant connect to instant.arubanetworks.com suddenly

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 25, 2017 12:22 PM
    Can you attempt to ping instant.arubanetworks.com while connecting to it?

• 3.  RE: Cant connect to instant.arubanetworks.com suddenly

Posted Apr 25, 2017 12:36 PM

I am able to ping Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 9.35.39 AM.png

• 4.  RE: Cant connect to instant.arubanetworks.com suddenly

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 25, 2017 12:40 PM
    Try to open that IP address in a browser http://192.168.0.17

• 5.  RE: Cant connect to instant.arubanetworks.com suddenly

Posted Apr 25, 2017 12:42 PM

That worked!

Thank you!

Why is that?

• 6.  RE: Cant connect to instant.arubanetworks.com suddenly

Posted Apr 26, 2018 03:27 PM

have you guys figured this out? i am having the same issue... on my old laptop i can connect to https://instant.arubanetworks.com:4343 with no issues, can ping - everything works... on new laptops (3 new laptops) - no luck accessing it or even pinging - returns nothing... but once in a while, randomly it would actually connect - happened maybe 2-3 times and i have no idea why. rebooting mac/rebooting ssid doesn't solve the mystery... i am lost and have no idea what to do here - checked all certificates on my mac, tried most but i don't understand how at the same time one laptop can ping instant.arubanetworks.com and another sees nothing while connected to the same ssid... any help would be amazing! 

• 7.  RE: Cant connect to instant.arubanetworks.com suddenly

Posted Jan 02, 2019 10:52 AM

I am having this same issue from a Windows environment. I can connect to the instant SSID and receive a DHCP address. I can not ping my gateway, the instant-ap URL, or resolve DNS name. All I can do is join the instant SSID.

• 8.  RE: Cant connect to instant.arubanetworks.com suddenly

Posted Jan 02, 2019 11:59 AM
      |   view attached

Was looking for the answer for at least a year and never could figure this out, i mean i tried everything from installing certificates, keychains on my mac, allowing everything i can, ssl tweaks, different browsers, searching and even visiting EVERY SINGLE SITE on World Wide Web where i found answers to questions i didn't know i've had but still no luck with simple ability to access instant... So, the only reliable way to access aruba is from the laptop i used to set it up so i literaly keep that laptop only for one purpose - access instant... very very frustrating with zero luck or available answers to figure this out. this kinda blows... 

• 9.  RE: Cant connect to instant.arubanetworks.com suddenly

Posted Mar 25, 2020 06:36 PM

I am new to this board but all I want to do is connect to instant.arubanetworks.com for firmware updates for mob IAP-305's BUT Safari, Explorer and Chrome all tell me "The server is unavailable". My installer does not seem to have any answers so I'm hoping someone out there can help.

Could it be a version issue? meaning instant.arubanetworks.com only works with older versions of MacOS or Parrells or even Windows?

I'm lost as to how to solve this....

Thanks!!

• 10.  RE: Cant connect to instant.arubanetworks.com suddenly

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2020 06:49 PM

What Instant version are you currently running? 

Newer releases changed the name to setmeup.arubanetworks.com, so with the IAP-305 that may be what you're running into.

• 11.  RE: Cant connect to instant.arubanetworks.com suddenly

Posted Mar 25, 2020 08:44 PM

Hi Charlie,

When you say "What version am I running" I don't know the answer to that. I don't have any "version" on any of my computers so I'm simply trying to connect from my mac to either web site. (In tried to connect to setmeup but I got the same error message...."Safari can't find the server".

Is the IP blocking me for some reason? Thoughts?

Thanks!!!~

• 12.  RE: Cant connect to instant.arubanetworks.com suddenly

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 26, 2020 10:57 AM

The IAP-305 that you are connecting to will be running some firmware version on it, the AP itself. That's what we need to identify in order to troubleshoot further. The AP could be configured to operate as an Instant AP, or it could be configured to work with a mobility controller ... in which case neither instant.arubanetworks.com nor setmeup.arubanetworks.com would be relevant.

• 13.  RE: Cant connect to instant.arubanetworks.com suddenly

Posted Mar 27, 2020 04:21 PM

Hi Charlie,

setmeup WORKED!! Thank you!!

I see that there are a ton of configurations available so I was wondering if there was a document outlining what maybe the top 5 or 10 adjustments I should make to ensure my (3) IAP 305 are working at there optimal level.

Many thanks for your thoughts!!

• 14.  RE: Cant connect to instant.arubanetworks.com suddenly

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2020 04:56 PM

I prefer to stay with defaults unless or until there are requirements that would dictate changing from the defaults.