Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Cant factory reset IAP-205H

Hi i cant seem to factory reset a IAP-205H, i power off, put pin in, power on, release pin after fast green blinks, then slow green blinking but when i navigate to the IP the AP pulls and try login via web or SSH its is still on the old Instant Controller? It doesnt seem to be resetting even though it appears to be with the sequence of lights?

Anyone any ideas?

Re: Cant factory reset IAP-205H

Take it easy.
Hold the factory reset for 30 seconds.
Is it a Central Aruba? Delete it from the CA, remove it from the MCS, and if applicable, change the IP address.

Ive tried 30 secs 60 secs but neither work, i purchased the IAP from ebay 2nd hand so dont know its history only that if i go to the IP address it pulls from dhcp i get an Instant login page so i presume it use to be joined to another VC?

Could the reset button be disabled?

Post the page image please?

Tried to access it as admin / admin?
Went to via ssh?

Its the default instant admin login webpage, i tried admin password admin admin on both web and ssh is there any other special admin logins?
Super Contributor II

Is there another IAP active in the same broadcast domain? If Yes the IAP will join an existing cluster.

Willem Bargeman ACMX#935 | ACCX #822

Please give me kudos if my post was useful!
If your issue is solved mark the post as solution!

No other aps in broadcast domain, what are my options here? Can reset button be blocked? Any other master logins?
Super Contributor II

Do you have a console cable? Is it possible that the IAP is registered in Aruba Central? If Yes the IAP will download its config from central after a reset.

No i dont have a console, if i reset on a broadcast domain on its own with no internet access will a reset work then or is my only option a reset via console?
Super Contributor II

Yes a reset should work.
After the reset a instant are setmeup ssid should me visible.

Please note that after a reboot it takes a while before you are able to login, even if the login page is available.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: