Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Cant factory reset IAP-205H

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  Cant factory reset IAP-205H

Posted Apr 13, 2019 10:47 AM

Hi i cant seem to factory reset a IAP-205H, i power off, put pin in, power on, release pin after fast green blinks, then slow green blinking but when i navigate to the IP the AP pulls and try login via web or SSH its is still on the old Instant Controller? It doesnt seem to be resetting even though it appears to be with the sequence of lights?

Anyone any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Cant factory reset IAP-205H

Posted Apr 13, 2019 12:00 PM

Take it easy.
    Hold the factory reset for 30 seconds.
    Is it a Central Aruba? Delete it from the CA, remove it from the MCS, and if applicable, change the IP address.

• 3.  RE: Cant factory reset IAP-205H

Posted Apr 13, 2019 12:21 PM
    Ive tried 30 secs 60 secs but neither work, i purchased the IAP from ebay 2nd hand so dont know its history only that if i go to the IP address it pulls from dhcp i get an Instant login page so i presume it use to be joined to another VC?

Could the reset button be disabled?

• 4.  RE: Cant factory reset IAP-205H

Posted Apr 13, 2019 12:23 PM

Post the page image please?

Tried to access it as admin / admin?
    Went to via ssh?

• 5.  RE: Cant factory reset IAP-205H

Posted Apr 13, 2019 12:32 PM
    Its the default instant admin login webpage, i tried admin password admin admin on both web and ssh is there any other special admin logins?

• 6.  RE: Cant factory reset IAP-205H

Posted Apr 13, 2019 12:46 PM
    Is there another IAP active in the same broadcast domain? If Yes the IAP will join an existing cluster.

• 7.  RE: Cant factory reset IAP-205H

Posted Apr 13, 2019 12:51 PM
    No other aps in broadcast domain, what are my options here? Can reset button be blocked? Any other master logins?

• 8.  RE: Cant factory reset IAP-205H

Posted Apr 13, 2019 01:35 PM
    Do you have a console cable? Is it possible that the IAP is registered in Aruba Central? If Yes the IAP will download its config from central after a reset.

• 9.  RE: Cant factory reset IAP-205H

Posted Apr 13, 2019 03:10 PM
    No i dont have a console, if i reset on a broadcast domain on its own with no internet access will a reset work then or is my only option a reset via console?

• 10.  RE: Cant factory reset IAP-205H

Posted Apr 13, 2019 04:26 PM
    Yes a reset should work.
    After the reset a instant are setmeup ssid should me visible.

Please note that after a reboot it takes a while before you are able to login, even if the login page is available.

• 11.  RE: Cant factory reset IAP-205H

Posted Apr 13, 2019 05:21 PM
    I tried factory reset when not connected to dhcp/internet just power and it doesnt reset i dont see an instant ssid?

• 12.  RE: Cant factory reset IAP-205H

Posted Apr 14, 2019 03:19 PM

on second attempt i was able to reset the IAP when connected to a ip subnet with dhcp running but no internet access, so the IAP is or was clearly registered in Aruba Central, when i reset the IAP i saw the "Setup..." ssid and i could log into the IAP with admin/admin and i converted it to a standalone AP and also cleared its config in gui to try completely erase it but as soon as i reconnect it to the ip subnet that has internet access it pulls its Central config, surely there is a way around this please help?

• 13.  RE: Cant factory reset IAP-205H

Posted Apr 14, 2019 03:51 PM
    The IAP is registered to a Central tenant. You should remove it from Central.

• 14.  RE: Cant factory reset IAP-205H
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 14, 2019 03:53 PM

i know but i dont know whos tenant the IAP is registered so i guess i have to open a ticket with Aruba TAC, i found alternative solutions here for anyone else.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controllerless-Networks/Is-there-a-way-to-remove-IAP-from-an-unknown-aruba-central/td-p/293064