Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal pop-up

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal pop-up

Posted Jan 09, 2017 04:40 AM

Dear users,

I am using an IAP-105 to configure a guest wifi network that authenticates users through clearpass.

When i setup the External Captive portal, no popup appears on my device (android and tested on a Windows 7 laptop) that asks for my credentials. When i use my Aruba Controller to configure the Guest network with External Captive Portal (to CPPM) the popup appears direcltly on Windows 7 and on my Android device.

Is there an setting in IAP to make the Captive Portal pop-up in IAP?

I am talking about a popup that will redict you to the Captive Portal or a message in Windows 7 that says that user-credentials ar needed for this network.

Thnx in advance!

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal pop-up

Posted Jan 09, 2017 04:52 AM

Hi,

You will need to allow access to ClearPass in your pre-authenticated role on your Instants.

This YouTube video explains it.

Also have a read of this post.

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal pop-up

Posted Jan 09, 2017 08:44 AM

Thank you for your reply. I tried that, but no po-up appears. I alse tried the option 'Unrestricted', but no pop-up appears. Any other ideas?

• 4.  RE: Captive Portal pop-up

Posted Jan 09, 2017 10:30 AM
    Is there connectivity between the VLAN that users are placed into and ClearPass? Are there any firewalls?

You say that no popup appears. Are you able to browse to your clearpass server using the address that you entered in the external captive portal address?

• 5.  RE: Captive Portal pop-up

Posted Jan 12, 2017 02:48 PM

@bana123456 Were you able to get the redirect / popup working?

• 6.  RE: Captive Portal pop-up

Posted Jan 25, 2017 02:55 AM

No, not on the iAP. It is working on my Controller...

• 7.  RE: Captive Portal pop-up

Posted Jan 25, 2017 03:30 AM

OK, what is your external splash page address (IP or Hostname) and what is your URL as per the image below?

iap cp.jpg

When testing the guest network on your IAP, are you able to browse to the captive portal address manually?