Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive portal pop up - windows 10

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  Captive portal pop up - windows 10

Posted Jul 15, 2019 10:44 AM

I've configured a Guest SSID on IAP cluster and intergated with Clearpass guest. When I access the SSID there is no Popup for the captive portal windows 10 machine but im able to access the login page via web browser.

works fine though for android and ios devices. 

• 2.  RE: Captive portal pop up - windows 10

Posted Jul 15, 2019 04:53 PM

Does the windows 10 machine is getting DNS address properly?

• 3.  RE: Captive portal pop up - windows 10

Posted Jul 22, 2019 11:38 AM
    Hi ,

Yes it is getting the correct dns.

• 4.  RE: Captive portal pop up - windows 10

Posted Dec 10, 2019 05:14 PM

Did you ever find a fix for this?  I'm having the exact same issue! Captive portal works in pretty much every other device we have, but I haven't been able to get Windows 10 to automatically display the captive portal.  When I do a wireshark capture, I can see Windows make the http request to www.msftconnecttest.com, and I would think it would be blocked and receive the captive portal then, but it doesn't because when I follow the session it actually returns a valid response "Microsoft Connect Test". 

To me, it's almost like the connect test fires off before the AP can apply the ACL to the session, thus allowing the traffic for a split second so Windows thinks there is no captive portal.

• 5.  RE: Captive portal pop up - windows 10

Posted Aug 30, 2021 10:42 PM
    Hi Rich,
    I am also facing the same issue. I have win 10 machine which is allowed a limited access i.e DHCP , DNS and captive portal redirect but auto pop up doesn't work.
    Please share your experience how you fixed the issue. Did you make any change on the network or client device to get auto pop up

------------------------------
    Varun Sharma

• 6.  RE: Captive portal pop up - windows 10

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2021 04:35 AM
    You are responding to an old post. Please open a new post, or better reach out to your Aruba partner or Aruba Support as I have not seen a 'generic' fix for the issue. There probably is something in your environment, client, configuration that prevents the pop up to appear.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.