Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Central and IAP

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Central and IAP

Posted Jan 23, 2014 11:05 PM

Hi does anyone know what is the time needed for a new IAP to connect to Aruba Central? It took quite soimetime befor eitr can get connected.

Gordon

• 2.  RE: Central and IAP

Posted Jan 24, 2014 12:28 AM
    Could I ask how is the time measured? Is it from initial boot to when the AP shows as UP in Athena? Or is It measured some other way?

• 3.  RE: Central and IAP

Posted Jan 24, 2014 01:32 AM

Hi Yan,

When I first power up the AP till it is shown on the Central GUI.

Gordon

• 4.  RE: Central and IAP

Posted Jan 27, 2014 06:34 PM

Hi there, it can take a couple of hours before Aruba Central is synched with our database of APs.  To prevent you doing manual data entry, we match your Central subscription with the list of APs you've purchased from Aruba.  

We are working to speed up this process.

Hope this help.

Sylvia

• 5.  RE: Central and IAP

Posted Jan 27, 2014 06:46 PM

Hi Gordon,

If you can provide me the email address that you are using to login i can check on the status for you. And as Shooks mentioned we will be expediting this process in the next couple of days.

• 6.  RE: Central and IAP

Posted Jan 28, 2014 08:22 AM

Hi, let me test out again and then revert.

• 7.  RE: Central and IAP

Posted Jan 28, 2014 08:52 AM

My current username is gordon@nexwavetelecoms.com but I had just plug in the AP for the last 30 minutes but still cannot find the AP in Central.

• 8.  RE: Central and IAP

Posted Jan 28, 2014 12:30 PM

I did some investgation and these are my findings.

Currently the account that we have for nexwave is lookaei.yoo@nexwavetelecoms.com...and it doesnt look like ther are any APs added to this acocunt yet.

The other email that I have is for a seperate eval account that you signed up using a personal gmail account.

At this point i would suggest you open a case with TAC to investigate this further. It looks like there might be some inconsistency with the different eval accounts and we would need further clarification to sort this out.

• 9.  RE: Central and IAP

Posted Jan 28, 2014 10:04 PM

Hello Srinip,

See the attached screen shot for your reference.Capture.JPG

Gordon

• 10.  RE: Central and IAP

Posted Jan 29, 2014 03:45 AM

Hi Gordon - sorry that this is taking so long to resolve. Thank you for your patience. One last request....can you send us the screenshot of your user profile info. This will have the email address and the subscriber ID info. It should look similar to this....

Aruba_Central.png

• 11.  RE: Central and IAP

Posted Jan 29, 2014 04:35 AM

Hello Srinip,

As requested the information:-

gordon@nexwavetelecoms.com

• 12.  RE: Central and IAP

Posted Jan 29, 2014 01:17 PM

Hi Gordan,

I think I have identified the issue here. Looks like you tried to sign up multiple times with different email addresses and hence we ignored this one as a duplicate request.

I have requested TAC to follow up on this particular account and get this going for you. Once again apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for bearing with us.

Srini

• 13.  RE: Central and IAP

Posted Jan 30, 2014 12:24 AM

Can I ask you if my account issue will contribute to the lengthly time for the IAP to "find" the Central server?

• 14.  RE: Central and IAP

Posted Jan 31, 2014 05:35 PM

In a way yes. If the IAP does not know which user account to check into, it will never be able to contact Central.

• 15.  RE: Central and IAP

Posted Feb 01, 2014 12:39 AM

Since the account is unique for every email account why does it needs to take that long to get it on Central. There must be a reason for that right?

• 16.  RE: Central and IAP

Posted Jan 28, 2014 08:58 PM
    That is strange if you can't see my account as I was able to get it up and running after waiting for 1 hour plus.