Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Centralized licenses problem

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Centralized licenses problem

Posted Aug 10, 2018 05:59 AM

Hi,

i have a problem with centralized licenses. One of my local controller takes the license from the master controller only after restart but others local controllers loads licenses from master normally. All controllers are on the same network.

Can you help me ?

thank you

• 2.  RE: Centralized licenses problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 06:13 AM
    Any logs or messages on that controller?

• 3.  RE: Centralized licenses problem

Posted Aug 10, 2018 06:41 AM

We have four local controllers an one master. A few months ago we have updated the software in all controllers to version 6.5.3.3 . This controller was at that time connected to another network and connected to master via public ip adress. But now a controller is connected to the same network as all others and ip adress in controller is changed to local ip but problem continues . I dont remember when the problem started but maybe it started at that time.local.jpg

• 4.  RE: Centralized licenses problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 07:05 AM
    On the master controller, type "show switches" to see if it sees that local controller as being up. If not, you might have to re-point that controller to the master to see if that fixes it.

• 5.  RE: Centralized licenses problem

Posted Aug 20, 2018 05:18 AM

Where do I write "Show Switches"? Maybe I'll have to call an outside company to fix it. But on master controller update licences working ok on all local controllersaruba lic.jpg.

• 6.  RE: Centralized licenses problem

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 20, 2018 05:47 AM

You need to run the commad on the CLI, so use something like Putty to access this. Other commands which might be useful too:

#show switches
    #show license profile
    #show license heartbeat stats