Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Change Default IP Configuration AP 103

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Change Default IP Configuration AP 103

Posted Mar 04, 2017 02:52 AM

Dear Leads.

I need to configure a new Aruba IAP 103, with a new SSID i have deleted the odefault SSID and created a new SSID, but when im trying to modify the DHCP IP address im unable to do it.

Can somone please guide.

Regards,

Awnish.

• 2.  RE: Change Default IP Configuration AP 103

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 04, 2017 03:06 AM

Hey, do you have some further information? The IAP will obtain an DHCP IP address from an external source such as a DHCP server. 

Or are you reffering to the Virtual Controller IP or the DHCP addresses assigned to your client by the DHCP server on the IAP?

Here's a link to the admin guides as well just in case.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Default.aspx?TabId=77

• 3.  RE: Change Default IP Configuration AP 103

Posted Mar 04, 2017 03:24 AM

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to make the IAP as the DHCP server and want to use it as a standalone AP, i want to change the IP range for the IAP for the client IP assigment and IAP IP as well.

Regards,

Awnish.

• 4.  RE: Change Default IP Configuration AP 103
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 04, 2017 03:33 AM

You'll have the option to create a new Local DHCP Scope under More -> DHCP Server.

dhcp-server.jpeg

Once you have created your Local DHCP Scope edit the newly created SSID and set your Client IP Assignment to be Virtual Controller Managed and set your Client VLAN Assignment to be your newly created Local DHCP Scope

vlan-assign.jpeg

• 5.  RE: Change Default IP Configuration AP 103

Posted Mar 05, 2017 04:28 AM

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply, now i have changed the default IP to 192.168.10.x.

But can you please let me know where is the option to view the default IP.

Also if possible can you please help how can i access the AP in CLI mode, for ex the IP for the IAP is 192.168.10.1

Regards,

Awnish.

• 6.  RE: Change Default IP Configuration AP 103

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 05, 2017 04:32 AM

Hi, what exactly do you mean by the default IP? The virtual controller IP? If you need to view the Virtual Controller IP you can do this from the main landing page, in the GUI configuration or via the CLI.

If you need to access the CLI you will need to SSH to the Virtual Controller IP either using Putty or something similiar. If you run the below it will show you the Virtual Controller IP, master IP and so on.

show summary

• 7.  RE: Change Default IP Configuration AP 103

Posted Mar 05, 2017 05:05 AM

Dear Sir,

Sorry i missed to mention before i saw the default IP on the landing page doubts clear.

Thanks for your prompt replies.

Regards,

Awnish.