Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Chromecast & Apple devices

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Chromecast & Apple devices

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2017 12:54 AM

I have one customer where Windows devices are able to stream video to Chromecast but Apple devices are able to stream video without audio, and the display is more jerky than streaming from Windows devices. Also 4k streaming is disable according the status shown on Apple devices (both Macbook & iPhone).

Customer is using Instant 6.5.4.2 with Central and I have tweaked all required parameter as per Instant VRD. Any idea what else can we do here or if it is some client setting on Apple that we need to tweak?

• 2.  RE: Chromecast & Apple devices

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 04, 2017 09:22 AM

What apple device and what apple APP are they using to stream to Chromecast?

• 3.  RE: Chromecast & Apple devices

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2017 05:19 PM

iPhone using AirPlay and Macbook using Chrome browser and iTunes

• 4.  RE: Chromecast & Apple devices

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2017 05:44 PM

So the Macbook is having audio problems while trying to do Chromecast through the browser?  I'm just trying to narrow down the test case exactly..

• 5.  RE: Chromecast & Apple devices

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2017 06:00 PM

Both iPhone & Macbook have audio issue if streaming from browser/app that doesn't have a native app in Chromecast itself.   As Chromecast has been installed with youtube app, youtube works fine from both iPhone & Macbook.

• 6.  RE: Chromecast & Apple devices

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2017 07:52 PM

It almost sounds like an application issue.  Airgroup itself helps two endpoint devices find each other.  After that, it should be a direct connection between the client device and the Chromecast device.