Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Chromecast setup failed?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Chromecast setup failed?

Posted Jun 27, 2014 05:36 PM

Hello,
    I'm trying to re-set up my Chromecast on to my network. I've tried setup with an Android 4.4.2 phone and a Windows 8.1 laptop. CC was previously working on my network, then all of a sudden stopped working. I'm using an Aruba RAP-109 on the newest firmware release, with AirGroup enabled, not sure what's going on. Set up goes fine, then the CC stalls out on "Chromecast connecting to network" and my laptop setup program says "Something went wrong, unable to find Chromecast on network." Any thoughts?

G

• 2.  RE: Chromecast setup failed?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 27, 2014 05:38 PM

Please specify the version of InstantOS you are using.

The most current from the cloud or the most current manually downloaded from the TAC site?   The most current on the TAC site is v. 4.1.0.0 and it now supports ChromeCast as part of the AirgGroup config.

• 3.  RE: Chromecast setup failed?

Posted Jun 27, 2014 05:40 PM

Hey Marcus, I'm using 6.4.0.2-4.1.0.0_44004 downloaded off the TAC site.  I had my Chromecast running fine earlier yesterday, but all of a sudden it just stopped working.  Did a factory reset of the CC and that is when the connection error started, seems like it might be more of a CC issue than an Aruba one.

• 4.  RE: Chromecast setup failed?

Posted Jun 27, 2014 05:42 PM

Strange.   Can you post a screen capture of your AirGroup config?

Have you opened a case with TAC?

• 5.  RE: Chromecast setup failed?

Posted Jun 27, 2014 07:19 PM

So it was the weirdest fix, but I got it working.  Turns out the conflict was me trying to re-name the Chromecast to the original set up.  I had to go through and flush the device history/browser settings to rename it, but it is working fine now.  Thanks for your help!

G

• 6.  RE: Chromecast setup failed?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2014 05:38 PM
    Are you seeing the Chromecast registered to AirGroup?

show airgroup servers

Sent from Surface Pro