Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  Client-Match

Posted May 16, 2016 07:47 AM

Hi!

I´m wondering about client-match and Aruba Instant. I´ve got a customer that has some sticky-client issues and currently has Client-match enabled. They are running IAP-205 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11.

Question nr1: I´ve looked around and it seems Client-match has some issues at current firmware versions: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Client-Match-Configurations-What-Are-Best-Practices-to-Address/td-p/190131

Also mentioned elsewere. Is this only for these specific APs ? So 205 shouldn´t be a problem ?

Question2: I´m running Airwave combined with the instants. But in Airwave I cannot see any client-match events. I´ve also read up on this and client-match reports in Airwave seems to be dependent upon AMON, wich isn´t supported in IAP. So I cannot view Client-match logs in Airwave when running Aruba Instant, is this correct ?

• 2.  RE: Client-Match

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2016 08:01 AM

To answer your question, Client Match on instant was "Hardened" starting with the 4.2.x.x versions of instant code;  that is the recommended version to use client match.  In addition, the 4.2.x.x versions of instant allow you to independently change the power on the 2.4ghz band vs. the 5ghz band so that you can lower the power on individual bands.  Lowering the power should decrease the incidence of sticky clients.

The client match reports in Instant find their way to Airwave using their own protocol, and not Amon.  I would try upgrading to 4.2.x.x to check it out in your lab, if possible.

• 3.  RE: Client-Match

Posted May 16, 2016 08:08 AM

Ok, I will try the early access firmware in a lab enviroment.

Any idea on when it will be availible in a stable release ?

• 4.  RE: Client-Match

Posted May 16, 2016 08:50 AM

@cjoseph wrote:

The client match reports in Instant find their way to Airwave using their own protocol, and not Amon.  I would try upgrading to 4.2.x.x to check it out in your lab, if possible.

Turns out this was easy for me to test since my lab was already running 6.4.3.4-4.2.1.0_52602 firmware and I´ve now upgraded Airwave to 8.2.0.2 .

Sadly this didn´t solve my issue with Client-Match events not showing up in Airwave. I´ve checked a couple of clients and all the "match event" columns under client details are empty. I also ran a report showing "Match Event" this report is also completly empty.

Could it be something I´ve missed ? I´m getting all the other data I want from Instant.

• 5.  RE: Client-Match
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2016 09:31 AM

Sorry, I miss-spoke.  Instant does not send Client match events to Airwave, as of yet in any version of code.

• 6.  RE: Client-Match

Posted May 16, 2016 09:36 AM

ah, thats to bad. Really hope this gets fixed soon.

• 7.  RE: Client-Match

Posted Nov 18, 2020 10:15 PM
    Hi, i know this thread is 4 years old, but i would like to ask, does Instant send Client match events to Airwave now?

------------------------------
    AA
    ------------------------------