Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Client association history for more than one week

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Client association history for more than one week

Posted May 31, 2019 01:35 PM

Is there any way to see a client's association history for more than one week, either in Airwave Client Detail, an Airwave report or through the IAP CLI? It looks like it's limited to one week of data right now - trying to located the information prior to that period.

• 2.  RE: Client association history for more than one week

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2019 06:12 AM

its all depend on historical retention value we set for client association in AMPSetup>General page. If it is set less than one week then we dont see data.

• 3.  RE: Client association history for more than one week

Posted Jun 03, 2019 07:33 AM

Hi, Pavan - thanks for your response. I was pretty sure there was a retention setting somewhere but I couldn't remember where. We have the client association data retention value set at 90 days, yet I only get seven days worth of data. The device in question is an iPad on a mobile cart for student use. I believe that these iPads may disconnect from wifi after a certain period of inactivity - but wouldn't the historical data still be held for the configured value?

Thanks again.

• 4.  RE: Client association history for more than one week

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2019 07:42 AM

We can check the association history under clients>detail>Assocation history section.

Are you sure client association value is 90 days, default value is 14 days, are you talking about client data retention & Inactive Client and VPN User Data settings value in AMP Setup >General > Historical Retention section?

• 5.  RE: Client association history for more than one week

Posted Jun 03, 2019 07:48 AM

Here are a couple of screen captures that show our configuration. Both of those settings, historical data retention and client data retention, are set at 90 days.

• 6.  RE: Client association history for more than one week

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2019 08:06 AM

check in client details page for assoication history.

• 7.  RE: Client association history for more than one week

Posted Jun 03, 2019 08:17 AM

As mentioned, association history only goes back to May 23 - but the device has been in service on the network since the beginning of the school year, so I'd expect to see history back to late February/early March with the retention period of 90 days.

• 8.  RE: Client association history for more than one week

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2019 08:20 AM

Please open a TAC case alongside this post.  You could have a system issue that prevents retention of more data.  Somebody needs to look directly at your Airwave install to understand why there is not more retention.

• 9.  RE: Client association history for more than one week

Posted Jun 03, 2019 08:21 AM

OK, thanks.

• 10.  RE: Client association history for more than one week

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2019 08:24 AM

If it is set to 90 days from the day it installed then airwave will retain association data. I doubt someone might have increased association history retetnion to 90 days recently and you can check system>events page for any changes made on server.