Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Client match behavior

With the Ap225 I currently have to have both client match and 80mhz channels disabled to get reliable functionality. With 80mhz channels turned on non ac clients connect and disconnect every min or so. Im waiting on a response from TAC after giving them a bunch of logs of the behavior.

Alex

Aruba Employee

Please post more debugging information to help us find the problem.

Such as your topology (includes which APs enabled client match, and which didn't), 'show tech-support', 'show ap client-match-live', 'show ap vi', 'show ap client-match-hist client-mac XX'

Topology:

Brand new deployment running only Iap225's Just upgraded to 4.003 yesterday I have not had a chance to retest after upgrading but nothing in the release notes indicate any of the problems i'm experincing are fixed in this releases

Instant cluster on its own Vlan 10.0.x.xx

SSID Test using WPA2 enterprise pointing at server 2012 for Radius/NPS

Logs have been sent to Tac case #1495209

I can post them here as well if you think that would be helpfull but will need to spend some to sterlilizing them first.

Im still in testing and am happy to try out any ideas you might have.

Alex

Highlighted

I went ahead and sterilized them, they are attached.

Alex

Occasional Contributor I

We have similiar issues within an environment deployed fully with IAP225. The problems were strange and random and moved from AP to AP and from OS to OS. Random disconnects, highly increased latencies, traffic stops and so on. The first think Aruba support suggested is turn off client match and after that there was minor improvement however the whole infrastructure still facing with serious stability issues. Currently IAP replaced with controller/campus AP's and everything seems stable. Ticket opened and we are waiting for feedback. It seems we are all facing with some strange software issue. Please post any update here as well

Thanks for the info Ipal, I updated to 4.003 and TAC wants me to retest to see if there is improvement but Im not very optimistic. I have had 80mhz and client match turned off for a few weeks now and things are OK but today I had an AP stop allowing client to connect to it and had too reboot I also have lots of random DHCP request errors. The logs are full of these runtime errors on all the AP's. Im not sure if they are normal or not.

Jan 27 14:33:18  cli[2756]: <341102>  |AP 18:64:72:c5:3f:7e@10.0.7.57 cli|  Incorrect format for message type 0:0:1:0:127.0.0.1:15200.
Jan 27 14:36:52  stm[2773]: <304055>  |AP 18:64:72:c5:3f:7e@10.0.7.57 stm| |ap| Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at stm_sysctl_write_param, 10201, Error opening /proc/sys/net/aruba101/ni_inact_reload : No such file or directory
Jan 27 14:37:47  stm[2773]: <304055>  |AP 18:64:72:c5:3f:7e@10.0.7.57 stm| |ap| Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at stm_sysctl_write_param, 10201, Error opening /proc/sys/net/aruba101/ni_inact_reload : No such file or directory
Jan 27 14:37:47  stm[2773]: <304001>  |AP 18:64:72:c5:3f:7e@10.0.7.57 stm|  Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at stm_start_acct_for_post_1xauth_user, 14409, Error sending radius start packet
Jan 27 14:37:47  stm[2773]: <304055>  |AP 18:64:72:c5:3f:7e@10.0.7.57 stm| |ap| Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at stm_sysctl_write_param, 10201, Error opening /proc/sys/net/aruba101/ni_inact_reload : No such file or directory
Jan 27 14:37:47  stm[2773]: <304001>  |AP 18:64:72:c5:3f:7e@10.0.7.57 stm|  Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at stm_start_acct_for_post_1xauth_user, 14409, Error sending radius start packet

Guru Elite

Alex Howard,

Do you have a reauth interval configured on that SSID?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

Ther reauth interval under the security Tab is set to 0

Alex

Guru Elite

Well,

Only TAC would know if those logs are normal, informational or harmful.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

Hello ,

Same deployment ( 8 - IAP224 Cluster) on a warehouse , which is a denser than normal but facing same issues ( high latency / dropped clients and no-late handover) . Is there any workaround for this issue ? 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: