Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Client placed in wrong VLAN 4.1

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Client placed in wrong VLAN 4.1

Posted Jun 12, 2014 06:12 PM
      |   view attached

I updated to 4.1 last week and have one strange issue. I have 1 client that keeps getting a IP from the manegment VLAN.

See screenshot. They are joining our guest network which has 1 statically assigned vlan and use's wpa2

Any ideas? Is this just a wierd bug?

Alex

• 2.  RE: Client placed in wrong VLAN 4.1

Posted Jun 12, 2014 06:28 PM

What's the IP assignment setup under the network ?

Static or network assigned ?

Can you confirm the wired settings to make sure that the VLAN is allow ?

• 3.  RE: Client placed in wrong VLAN 4.1

Posted Jun 12, 2014 06:58 PM
      |   view attached

The Vlan is static, DHCP is from network. Wired settings is allow all vlans.

Alex

• 4.  RE: Client placed in wrong VLAN 4.1

Posted Jun 13, 2014 01:46 PM
    Can you post the config?

• 5.  RE: Client placed in wrong VLAN 4.1

Posted Jun 13, 2014 01:51 PM

Here is the guest access config:

wlan ssid-profile Guest enable index 0 type employee essid LogosGuest wpa-passphrase  opmode wpa2-psk-aes max-authentication-failures 0 vlan 20 auth-server InternalServer rf-band all captive-portal disable dtim-period 1 inactivity-timeout 1000 broadcast-filter arp g-min-tx-rate 5 multicast-rate-optimization dynamic-multicast-optimization dmo-channel-utilization-threshold 90 local-probe-req-thresh 0 max-clients-threshold 64

and wierd port confuigs

wired-port-profile default_wired_port_profile switchport-mode trunk allowed-vlan all native-vlan 1 shutdown access-rule-name default_wired_port_profile speed auto duplex full no poe type employee captive-portal disable no dot1x wired-port-profile wired-instant switchport-mode access allowed-vlan all native-vlan guest no shutdown access-rule-name wired-instant speed auto duplex auto no poe type guest captive-portal disable no dot1x enet0-port-profile default_wired_port_profile uplink preemption enforce none failover-internet-pkt-lost-cnt 10 failover-internet-pkt-send-freq 30 failover-vpn-timeout 180

• 6.  RE: Client placed in wrong VLAN 4.1

Posted Jun 15, 2014 09:05 PM

Check to see if spanning tree is blocking that VLAN on your switch 

• 7.  RE: Client placed in wrong VLAN 4.1

Posted Jun 16, 2014 11:34 AM

I was finally able to get a hold of one of the laptops. I wandered around to multiple areas served by competely different switches and AP's and was not able to make it get a correct IP address. This weekend I set a allow to any except for the managemnt vlan rule. I will see today if that prevents this from happening. Althouhg I belive it is a bug because it never happened before and that should really not be necessary.

Alex

• 8.  RE: Client placed in wrong VLAN 4.1

Posted Jun 16, 2014 11:10 PM

I noticed that in your SSID configuration, there were the following:

wlan ssid-profile Guest

essid LogosGuest

May I ask how the ssid-profile name and the essid name is different?  Was this configured through CLI instead of UI?

Thanks,

Yan

• 9.  RE: Client placed in wrong VLAN 4.1

Posted Jun 17, 2014 02:49 PM

That was my sanitizing effort to keep the compnays name out of my post. I missed the essid. They are both the same.

This problem is still happening. Even with access control rules set to expilcity deny access to that network. Is this good enough for a bug report or is there a better way for me to report this?

Alex

• 10.  RE: Client placed in wrong VLAN 4.1

Posted Jun 17, 2014 03:10 PM
    I guess at this point, if you haven't already is to open a TAC case to dig deeper.
    This is definitely strange behavior.