Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Client timeout from being displayed in the Instant VC management interface

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Client timeout from being displayed in the Instant VC management interface

Posted Nov 19, 2013 10:46 AM

Hi,

I have a large instant system, generally servicing about 700+ clients, machine auth is used to connect.

If I look at the VC to see curent status etc I can see clients connected to AP's that i know are not actually connected, the laptops are shut down but yet they still show in the interface, is this normal behaviour? how long till the machines disapear from the interface?

It makes trouble shooting etc quite difficult.

Ver 6.2.1.0-3.3.0.2_38733

Cheers

Dave

• 2.  RE: Client timeout from being displayed in the Instant VC management interface

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2013 11:43 AM

A user will remain there until it is timed out from the table. How long are you seeing this post disconnect?

• 3.  RE: Client timeout from being displayed in the Instant VC management interface

Posted Nov 19, 2013 11:45 AM

I'm not exactly sure, i would say quite a long time, i am still seeing laptops that were probably last used about 3 oclock in the interface. Is there a timeout setting you can change?

Dave

• 4.  RE: Client timeout from being displayed in the Instant VC management interface

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2013 12:02 PM
    Try the command ?show aaa timers? from an SSH session to the VC

• 5.  RE: Client timeout from being displayed in the Instant VC management interface

Posted Nov 19, 2013 12:06 PM

Sho AAA doesn't exist on the SSH VC cli ?

• 6.  RE: Client timeout from being displayed in the Instant VC management interface

Posted Nov 23, 2013 03:08 PM

If you have access to the VC gui, edit your network and click on "Show Advanced Options" on the bottom left then look for "inactivity timeout", what is that value set to, I believe default is 1000.

Capture.PNG

• 7.  RE: Client timeout from being displayed in the Instant VC management interface

Posted Nov 25, 2013 04:47 AM

Hi Pasquale,

I had discounted this as the clients seemed to be staying alive much longer than 1000 seconds (16 mins) I changed this down to a lower figure and i "think" it is better but i need to monitor the system to be sure. Maybe somwhow the clients were sending a keep alive during the 16 minutes.

Dave