Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Clustering IAP

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Clustering IAP

Posted Jul 21, 2020 12:36 AM

Dear Airheads Member,

I am new in Aruba Technology and this is a First Post.

I have some issue for one Enterprise. We have AP303 Series.
    For this, we don't use Controller. Just deploy IAP by clustering. Two question.
    1.Can I cluster for Master AP? Master(Primary), Master(Secondary) to All slave.
    2.If don't, how should I configure Master and Slave configuration? I don't want to become Master in one of  slave AP if Master fail. I want static Master to one Slave AP if Master fail.   

I know some knowledge that I need static IP for All AP. I need to assign one of AP (Fast Boot or Preferred Master). If Master fail, I want to be Static Master(Secondary AP), not random. How to check which slave to become Master?

• 2.  RE: Clustering IAP

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 21, 2020 03:54 AM

The Master/Slave concept within IAP is that there is a single AP which is either automatically selected as the Master or configured as the Preferred Master then all remaining IAPs within the cluster are slaves.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_Mobile/Advanced/Content/UG_files/CustomizeIAPParams/Master_Election_Protocol.htm

You do not need to configure each IAP with a with a static IP, it is easier to deploy and manage IAPs if they obtain an IP address via DHCP. You do however need to allocate a single IP which will be used by the Virtual Controller.