Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Config IAP in branch office to Virtual Controller in Head Office

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Config IAP in branch office to Virtual Controller in Head Office

Posted Apr 15, 2015 05:32 AM

Dear Support,

I would like to add a IAP in branch office and connect to the Virtual Controller in Head Office,

would you please give me the correct procedures to do this?

Many Thanks

Alvin

• 2.  RE: Config IAP in branch office to Virtual Controller in Head Office
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 15, 2015 05:48 AM

Hi,

This deployment is not possible, because, to form a cluster IAPs should be in the same L2 network. Master beacons will be shared over the same VLAN.

Only possibility, if you can extend the VLAN from Head office to the Branch Office, you can bring up the cluster.

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 3.  RE: Config IAP in branch office to Virtual Controller in Head Office

Posted Apr 15, 2015 06:00 AM

Dear Support,

Thanks for your ans.

Can I build the VPN tunnel between two IAP in head office and branch?

Since I find there some DHCP options in the IAP ( Distributed L2/L3, Centralized, Local/Local L3)

I find that distributed options relate to the branch site, would you please provide more detials of the usage of these option?

Thanks

Alvin

• 4.  RE: Config IAP in branch office to Virtual Controller in Head Office

Posted Apr 15, 2015 06:11 AM

HI,

No. it is not possible to configure VPN between two IAPs but you can create a VPN tunnel between IAP-cluster( VC) and a Controller (Only Aruba Controller). this feature enables you to configure centralised authentication and policy enforcement.

Hope got some clarity on this.

• 5.  RE: Config IAP in branch office to Virtual Controller in Head Office

Posted Apr 15, 2015 06:19 AM

Dear Support,

Thanks for your ans.

On the other hand, would you please explain what is different between the DHCP server options and their usage?

Distributed, L2, Distributed, L3, Local, Local, L3, Centralized, L2

I had read the doucment about this, but I am still confuse with these option.

Many Thanks,

Alvin.

• 6.  RE: Config IAP in branch office to Virtual Controller in Head Office

Posted Apr 15, 2015 07:51 AM

HI,

Except Local, other DHCP options will work with IAP VPN ( VPN terminating on Aruba Controller).

Here Centralised ( Centralised L2 and Centralised L3 ) means, IP address for the connected clients will be provided by the Aruba controller through the VPN ( all the clients of all IAPs )

Distributed means, IP address to the connected clients will be provided by the respective VC .

Here L2 or L3 means how the tunnel is created and what is the Gateway for the clients.

L2 means, Controller will be the Gateway ( May be any other at the Controller end) and traffic will be tunneled to the controller

L3 means, VC will be the Gateway and traffic will be routed to the controller through the VPN tunnel

Local means, if we want to have multiple DHCP scopes in the VC with out VPN tunnel we can configure Local type DHCP scopes