Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

Configuring 802.11k parameters in InstantOS

Can 802.11k parameters be configured in Aruba Instant?

Specifically, I wish to apply the recommended values in Aruba's document "RF and Roaming Optimization for Aruba 802.11ac Networks":

Enable 11k with these additional changes:
• Beacon report set to Active Channel Report.
• Disable Quiet Information Element parameter from the Radio Resource Management profile

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Configuring 802.11k parameters in InstantOS

You can find 802.11k settings in the SSID settings at the security tab.

New Contributor

Thanks but I do not find any 802.11k settings there, only the box to enable or disable 802.11k.

Firmware is 8.3.0.6_69128 (latest according to GUI automatic check)

Hardware is IAP-315-RW

Frequent Contributor I

Did you click on Advanced at the bottom of the screen? What kind of authentication are you using?

I think out of the box it is disabled.
New Contributor

I find no advanced options for the Security tab, only the General/ WLAN settings tab.

For both WPA-2 Enterprise and WPA-2 Personal, no options appear for 802.11k other than enable or disable.  802.11k is indeed disabled by default, enabling it does not reveal any further options.

Screenshots attached.

Guru Elite

The page here:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_83_WebHelp/Content/Instant_UG/WLAN_SSID_conf/Support%20for%20dot11r.htm?Highlight=802.11k shows what 802.11k parameters are supported when 802.11k is enabled on Aruba Instant.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
New Contributor

This page states that Quiet IE is supported, and makes no mention of measurement mode for beacon reports.

So in other words, these parameters cannot be configured in Instant? And therefore Aruba's recommendations cannot be implemented?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: