Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
New Contributor

Configuring Instant AP for Skype for Business - IAP-205 IAP-105/135 interop

I am running a collection of Instant AP's (IAP-104, IAP-105, IAP-135) and I want to add in an IAP-205 to take advantage of 802.11AC and give priority to my Skype for Business traffic.  I tried upgrading firmware in the past to version 6.4.2.6-4.1.2 (as I understand 6-4.1 or better is required to interop the 205's AND turn on the access rules features to give skype traffic priority).

Questions are:

• Is version 6.4.2.6-4.1.7 stable in your experience
  • Have you had any luck improving the quality of Skype/Skype for Business calls (voice and video) over your instant network.

Thanks,

-Nick

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Configuring Instant AP for Skype for Business - IAP-205 IAP-105/135 interop

Have you added any of the optimizations from the Lync/S4B validated reference design? Lync/S4B is very reliable over wireless when the tweaks in the document below are configured.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Lync-Over-Aruba-WiFi/ta-p/199813

Also, if you're mixing 11n and 11ac radios in the same area, you should disable 802.11ac (VHT).

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

From the Aruba standpoint, nearly identical. There are a few updates when using controllers with the SDN API.

Overall, there are just new features. The high level architecture is the same.

Thanks,
Tim

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

All Replies
Highlighted

Have you added any of the optimizations from the Lync/S4B validated reference design? Lync/S4B is very reliable over wireless when the tweaks in the document below are configured.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Lync-Over-Aruba-WiFi/ta-p/199813

Also, if you're mixing 11n and 11ac radios in the same area, you should disable 802.11ac (VHT).

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks cappalli!  This is very helpful.  Any insight into whether Skype for Business is just a rebranding or architecturally different?  I am having a little challenge in mapping the reference document you included to this: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Dn594589.aspx

Still looking for feedback on the stability of the 6.4.0.2-4.1.?? rel;ease.

-Nick

Highlighted

From the Aruba standpoint, nearly identical. There are a few updates when using controllers with the SDN API.

Overall, there are just new features. The high level architecture is the same.

Thanks,
Tim

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: