Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Confused about new IAP-305 APs

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Confused about new IAP-305 APs

Posted Mar 07, 2019 09:38 PM

I have a network with 6 IAP-105 access points and just purchased five IAP-305 access points with the intention to add them to the network or else upgrade the old access points.  However, these new 305's won't do anything but turn on and light up their LEDs.  They don't show up in the existing Aruba network, and they don't appear to create a default wireless network of their own.  They don't appear to take any addresses from DHCP or show up on the network at all.  Am I missing something?  How can I tell if these things are defective?  I'm having trouble finding documentation that is helpful.  Any advice would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Confused about new IAP-305 APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2019 10:07 PM
    Check the firmware on the 105s as it much match the 305s to form a cluster.

The 305s May have newer firmware.

Can you console into the 305 to check the status?

There should be a sticker on the box with the firmware version.

Upgrade the 105s to match and then add the 305s.
    Kyle

• 3.  RE: Confused about new IAP-305 APs

Posted Mar 08, 2019 04:19 PM

It looks like the firmware on these new IAP-305's is 6.5.4.3.  I had to factory-reset one of the devices and then connect it to a network with no other Aruba devices, which allowed it to behave as expected.  It doesn't look to me that the old IAP-105's can be upgraded to this firmware.

So, looks like what happened is that these new IAP-305's tried to get their settings from the IAP-105's with the old firmware and then ended up bricked until a factory reset could be performed.

Just to be sure, does anyone know of a way to get IAP-305's and IAP-105's on the same firmware version? 

• 4.  RE: Confused about new IAP-305 APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 11, 2019 09:42 AM

a quick check revealed, the IAP 105 supports AOS up to 6.4.4.8-4.2.4.10, but the 305 needs at least 6.5.x. Which means, you cannot run the 105 with 305 in one cluster.