Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Confused!!!

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Confused!!!

Posted Aug 07, 2014 09:08 AM

I have two IAP134's and one IAP135 configured with the IAP135 as the preferred master. After configuring the system and creating an SSID for our employees to connect to everything seems to work just fine. After about a day nobody can connect to any access point except for the preferred master. The other IAP's act as if the WPA2-Personal paraphrase is wrong. If I mess around with the config such as changing the preferred master I can again get the system to work for a day or two if I am lucky. Any idea what could be going on?? Thanks! Dwayne

• 2.  RE: Confused!!!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2014 09:12 AM
    Do you see the other APs in the VC?

• 3.  RE: Confused!!!

Posted Aug 07, 2014 09:16 AM

Yes I do...

• 4.  RE: Confused!!!

Posted Aug 07, 2014 09:22 AM

Make sure you are not using port e1 on any of your IAPs ?

• 5.  RE: Confused!!!

Posted Aug 07, 2014 10:13 AM

Confirmed all IAP's connected to Eth-0 only.

Dwayne

• 6.  RE: Confused!!!

Posted Aug 07, 2014 10:16 AM

What version of SW are you running?  Perhaps upgrade if on an old release.... Any errors in the logs? 

Have you opened a case with TAC -- live debugging during the event may provide faster resolution.

• 7.  RE: Confused!!!

Posted Aug 07, 2014 10:22 AM

6.4.0.3-4.1.0.1_45063

I have not check the logs. How would I go about doing this? Also I have not opened a case with TAC. I am not sure how to do this either.

Thanks again!

Dwayne

• 8.  RE: Confused!!!

Posted Aug 07, 2014 10:32 AM

TAC Contact information can be found here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/support-program/contact-support/

I would call them rather than email to work the issue live.   Grab the output of "AP tech support dump" fom each of your IAPs during the outage and be ready to send them to TAC.  To get "AP tech suppor Dumpt" in the IAP WebUI go to More->Support-> then from the command drop-down box check "AP tech support dump".  Save the output then repeat for the other two IAPs by selecting them in the Target drop-down box.

Tech support dump contains everything TAC will need to get started on the case (logs, configs,etc).

Are your IAPs getting their IP address via DHCP or statically assigned?  Any possibility of Dup IP?

• 9.  RE: Confused!!!

Posted Aug 07, 2014 11:23 AM

Thanks, logs are sent.

IAP's are getting there IP's via DHCP. I did have them static at one point with the same issue.

I do see a lot of errors in the logs i.e. checksum errors, mic failure, etc

Only the preferred master shows a config for "wpa-paraphrase" which seems odd to me. All the access points have the latest firmware.

Dwayne