Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Connection is disconnected very often between client and AP

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Connection is disconnected very often between client and AP

Posted Jun 28, 2013 12:04 AM

Hi.

My company using IAP-105 without a controller from 2 months ago. Not many but some of clients disconnected suddenly when they are using. When I check the connection status through NMS, client was move from IAP to another IAP very often like IAP#1 -> IAP#5 -> IAP#1 -> IAP#3 -> IAP#1 -> IAP#6.

Is anyone know a reason about this and solution?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Connection is disconnected very often between client and AP

Posted Jun 28, 2013 12:16 AM
    Is the client standing still when this occurs ?

What type of device are you on the client side ?

What version of IAP OS you have ?

• 3.  RE: Connection is disconnected very often between client and AP

Posted Jun 28, 2013 02:44 AM

vfavian, thank you for your question.

First of all, I'd like to explain our environment.

we are using the IAP-105(version 6.2.1.0-3.3.0.1) without controller and Aruba's GTC plugin due to we only have LDAP.

And most of all our clients(Desktop and Laptop) are made by LG Electronic.

When I opened first wireless site, disconnection was happened many times during a day in many PCs not only desktops but also laptops. So, our Aruba local vendor provided solutions like disable power saving mode in the OS setting and wireless adapter's device configuration. And they did up/downed power of signal. It seemed working but it was not enough. Still the problem happened  in may PCs and in many sites where we opened later. The Next solution provided from them was updated version of GTC plugin. That plugin try to re-connect automatically when connection is brocken. Actually, I think that it not right solution. And still some PCs disconnected suddenly even user using(key typing or mouse moving) their PC.

Now vendor tell me, it is their best what they can do and it is windows problem.

That users sit their desk all day, they are not moving. Why that PC's connection moves between IAPs in few second. This is a pattern. Moving between IAPs in few seconds or minutes and then network is disconnected.

I hope to hear your good experience to solve these headache.

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Connection is disconnected very often between client and AP

Posted Jun 28, 2013 03:30 PM

How many IAPs do you guys have ? Are these in the same segment and connected to the same switch?

When this occurs do you see the device still associated or it just looses its association to the IAP ?

Run the following commands from the support tab :

AP Client Table 

AP Association Table

AP Log User

How are these devices obtaining  an IP address ? When the issue occurs can you see if the device still has an IP address ?

Most likely done this but have you updated the drivers on those wireless cards ?

You should consider opening a TAC case