Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
New Contributor

Connectivity problem when 2nd IAP is added to virtual controller

I have 2 IAPs - an IAP-105 and an IAP-215. They are both running 6.4.4.8-4.2.4.6_58505 for their respective WAP type. They both show up in the Virtual Controller interface.

However, if I have both up, clients connected to either WAP cannot connect to the Internet, but the controller sees the client connected to the WAP. If I turn either one off, clients can immediately connect to the Internet to the other one.

I am not sure where there can be a conflict. When I added the second WAP (the IAP-215), it autojoined and downloaded the config from the virtual controller, so it should not have a different config than the IAP-105.

Any ideas?

Highlighted

Re: Connectivity problem when 2nd IAP is added to virtual controller

Configuration of IAPs would be helpful to check for the issue.

Have you checked the Switch side? Are the ports configured different - saying are for instance VLANs missing on the second AP Port?

Have you checked:

sh ap debug auth-trace-buf

sh log user

sh log system

This is something you have to run on the AP the Clients try to connect.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Connectivity problem when 2nd IAP is added to virtual controller

I looked through all the configs, ran show tech, but didn't change anything and suddenly it started working! Maybe a cache cleared or something. And it's now working flawlessly. Go figure! Thanks to @cordless for inspiring me to double-check everything.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: