Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Connectivity problem when 2nd IAP is added to virtual controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Connectivity problem when 2nd IAP is added to virtual controller

Posted Jul 10, 2020 12:54 AM

I have 2 IAPs - an IAP-105 and an IAP-215. They are both running 6.4.4.8-4.2.4.6_58505 for their respective WAP type. They both show up in the Virtual Controller interface.

However, if I have both up, clients connected to either WAP cannot connect to the Internet, but the controller sees the client connected to the WAP. If I turn either one off, clients can immediately connect to the Internet to the other one.

I am not sure where there can be a conflict. When I added the second WAP (the IAP-215), it autojoined and downloaded the config from the virtual controller, so it should not have a different config than the IAP-105.

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Connectivity problem when 2nd IAP is added to virtual controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2020 04:28 AM

Configuration of IAPs would be helpful to check for the issue.

Have you checked the Switch side? Are the ports configured different - saying are for instance VLANs missing on the second AP Port?

Have you checked:

sh ap debug auth-trace-buf

sh log user

sh log system

This is something you have to run on the AP the Clients try to connect.

• 3.  RE: Connectivity problem when 2nd IAP is added to virtual controller

Posted Jul 10, 2020 03:54 PM

I looked through all the configs, ran show tech, but didn't change anything and suddenly it started working! Maybe a cache cleared or something. And it's now working flawlessly. Go figure! Thanks to @cordless for inspiring me to double-check everything.