Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller HA Config

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Controller HA Config

Posted Jun 05, 2018 02:18 PM

Community,

I have two Aruba 3200XM Controllers running version 6.4.4.11. I want to put these in an HA pair, but needed to know something. The active controller is up and running with 16 AP's registered. I want to configure the other controller as an inactive standby that only takes over should the primary fail or become unreachable. Do I configure the secondary controller exactly the same way as the primary? Including IP addresses for VLANs etc? 

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Controller HA Config

Posted Jun 05, 2018 02:26 PM
    You can follow the instructions here to configure HA/Fast Failover
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/VRRP/HighAvFastFailover.htm

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 3.  RE: Controller HA Config

Posted Jun 06, 2018 01:37 PM

Victor,

Thank you for the link. However, it doesnt provide any detail on how to confgure the standby controller. Should I mirror the config on the standby controller, including IP addresses and such? 

• 4.  RE: Controller HA Config

Posted Jun 06, 2018 02:56 PM
    When you build the HA profile you can add both controllers in dual mode

Then the LMS IP under the AP-Group > AP System determines which one will be set as the primary controller for that group of Aps

Sent from Mail for Windows 10