Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Convert IAP to RAP error (AOS8 + Mobility Master)

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Convert IAP to RAP error (AOS8 + Mobility Master)

Posted Feb 24, 2020 07:50 AM
      |   view attached

I’ve an issue with RAP in a new deployment with two VMM and 1x 7210 Mobility Controller (for now, then I'll add two controllers).

The problem is when I try to convert an IAP to RAP, the Mobility Controller (MD) is behind a NAT that is configured for the Mobility Controller DMZ IP Address <PUBLIC_IPADDR: 4500> -> <DMZ_IPADDR_MC: 4500>. Firewall can reach the Mobility Controller DMZ IP Address.

I already configured VPN-POOL, enabled NAT-T, configured “Shared Secret”, RAP Whitelist and also created a local user with an AP-ROLE, but it still doesn't work.

I see the 4500 UDP port on the Mobility Controller with the command “show datapath session | include 4500”

datapath.png

But when I run the command “show crypto ipsec sa” I see only Mobility Device session with Virtual Mobility Master.

ipsec.png

I think strange the output below when I ran the command “show log security all”.

Feb 23 17:53:39 :103063: <3600> <DBUG> |ike| exchange_start_ikev2 pre-connect check duplicate mapname:default-local-master-ipsecmap

I already have a tunnel established with Virtual Mobility Master, can this be a problem?

Has anyone experienced this problem?

I have some environments working with RAP, the only difference in this new scenario are the VMMs.

Attachment(s)

txt
    show-log-security.txt   25 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Convert IAP to RAP error (AOS8 + Mobility Master)

Posted Feb 24, 2020 09:26 AM

Could you post the output of following commands:

show vpdn l2tp local pool

show crypto isakmp sa
    show log system 
    show user-table verbose

• 3.  RE: Convert IAP to RAP error (AOS8 + Mobility Master)

Posted Feb 24, 2020 10:39 AM

Hi Ankyt, thanks for replying.

In addition to the logs you requested I also posted,

sh log security all

IAP to RAP convert log error

Thanks.

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: Convert IAP to RAP error (AOS8 + Mobility Master)

Posted Feb 24, 2020 11:56 AM

I went through the logs and found some error messages in system logs.

It seems your controller is in disaster recovery mode and there is a config sync issue. Please find the logs for the same below:

Feb 24 12:12:43 cfgm[3524]: <399814> <3524> <DBUG> |cfgm| handle_read: State(READY:CONFIG DISASTER RECOVERY:CFGID-88:PEND-88:INITCFGID:64) FD=33:Ignoring config sync as LC is in Disaster Recovery Mode, masterid=88 myid=88.

Validate the config sync issue by running command #show switches.

Please disable the disaster recovery mode if it is enabled. Once disabled again check the controller status by running command #show switches

Could you please validate the license as well by running command #show ap license-usage

Please let me know OS version of the controller and IAP.

• 5.  RE: Convert IAP to RAP error (AOS8 + Mobility Master)

Posted Feb 24, 2020 08:10 PM

Hi,

The Controller was in Disaster Recovery mode, but at the time of the logs it was already in Update Succesfull status.

#show ap license-usage

Annotation 2020-02-24 215853.png

Mobility Controller Version: 8.6.0.2_73853

IAP Version: 8.6.0.2 (build 73853)

Thanks,

• 6.  RE: Convert IAP to RAP error (AOS8 + Mobility Master)

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 24, 2020 01:42 PM

Have you tried disabling the NAT-T setting and testing again. You shouldn't need to enable that if you're already allowing UDP 4500 and you have the translation setup on your upstream device.

• 7.  RE: Convert IAP to RAP error (AOS8 + Mobility Master)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 24, 2020 03:17 PM

Hi 

Please keep in mind that when you work with a cluster you need to have a different config for the RAPs then without a cluster. I am assuming you are creating a cluster out of the two 7210s.

Where did you create the VPN pool? At what level?

• 8.  RE: Convert IAP to RAP error (AOS8 + Mobility Master)

Posted Feb 24, 2020 08:42 PM

Hi mrtwentytwo,

Yes I understand that in the cluster I need to create the vpn pool at the MM level,

Annotation 2020-02-24 222716.png

But at the moment I have only 1x 7210 and I haven't configured a cluster, I will configure the cluster only when the second controller arrives at the customer.

As I don't have a cluster configured, I configured the rap vpn pool at the "Managed Device" level.

Annotation 2020-02-24 223501.png

Thanks,

• 9.  RE: Convert IAP to RAP error (AOS8 + Mobility Master)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 25, 2020 05:39 AM

Nothing you have configured looks wrong, so far.

Two suggestions:

- Try to convert an IAP from "inside" your network first (yes it will work).

- Open an Aruba Technical Support case in parallel to this post.  http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/support-program/contact-support

• 10.  RE: Convert IAP to RAP error (AOS8 + Mobility Master)

Posted Feb 24, 2020 08:22 PM

Hi Dustin-Burns,

I hadn't tried to disable NAT-T before.

Next Thursday I will disable NAT-T on Controller and analyze the traffic on the custumer's firewall.

I update you.