Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Copying the Configuration of an Instant Access to a template

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Copying the Configuration of an Instant Access to a template

Posted Apr 02, 2015 01:14 PM

I cannot connected an IAP to my network so i made a small little side network that has no access to anything. It is just a laptop, dumb switch, and an IAP. I want to setup an IAP 225 with all of my standard stuff and then copy the config off. Then i wish to send the config up to another IAP, same model, over console. I cannot find any documentation on how to copy the config off through the console or what commands to run to send it to a factory defauly IAP through the console. Can someone point me towards the documentation?

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Copying the Configuration of an Instant Access to a template

Posted Apr 02, 2015 10:49 PM

Hi,

It is possible, just follow the following steps,

Step 1 : Connect your laptop to the IAP over one of the SSID or connect the laptop to the same subnet and take the webui.

Step 2 : Select maintenance-->Configuration

Step 3 : Click on "Backup Configuration", it will download the configuration file into your laptop with a name "Instant.cfg"

IAP_Config.png

Step 4 : Similarly take the WebUI of the IAP to which you want to copy the same config.

Stap 5 : Select Maintenance-->Configuration

Step 6 : Click on "Restore Configuration", it will ask for the config file for restoring now select "instant.cfg" which was downloaded into your laptop.

IAP_Config.png

Just follow above 6 steps to meet your requirement :)

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 3.  RE: Copying the Configuration of an Instant Access to a template

Posted Apr 03, 2015 09:22 AM

I would really like to do this through the console. I logged into the web interface and setup an Aruba just the way i wanted. I then hooked up to the console and was able to TFTP the config off of the device. I was able to make changed to the config and was able to push it back up to the device and see the changes. But i do not think it worked for one reason or another. More testing is needed.  I would like to do it all through the console. The aruba "instant" ssid takes forever to come up and a few other things.

My test steps so far:

1. Get onto the same network as the aruba 169.254.17.X (aruba) 169.254.17.X+1 (my laptop)

2. TFTP the config off of the device

3. make changes to the config

4. Factory restory the device

5. TFTP the config back to the device

What i want to happen after my testing

1. Get onto the same network as the aruba 169.254.17.X (aruba) 169.254.17.X+1 (my laptop)

2. Make changes to the standard template

3. TFTP the config to the device

I'll update when i am finished with the results.

• 4.  RE: Copying the Configuration of an Instant Access to a template
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 10, 2015 09:38 AM

step 1. Log into instant

step 2. set a static ip for the physic device

step 3. reboot

step 4. log into physic device ip address

step 5. update the configuration through the maintenance screen.

step 6. reboot

step 7. test