Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Data throughput for IAP 274 (Point to Point Deployment)

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Data throughput for IAP 274 (Point to Point Deployment)

Posted Jul 22, 2015 02:32 AM

What is the data throughput for IAP 274? The deployment is point to point, the distance is about 2KM.

• 2.  RE: Data throughput for IAP 274 (Point to Point Deployment)

Posted Jul 22, 2015 05:24 AM

HI,

Throughput comes into picture when AP is serving Clients not to the Meshlink. let me understand whether those APs are serving CLients .

Please feel free for any further clarity on this.

• 3.  RE: Data throughput for IAP 274 (Point to Point Deployment)

Posted Jul 22, 2015 09:29 AM

Hi Venu Puduchery,

Not serving the client. Is doing mesh link. I want to know how much throughput can get.

Regards,

Tin

• 4.  RE: Data throughput for IAP 274 (Point to Point Deployment)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 22, 2015 09:38 AM

Is this for an actual or theoretical deployment? The antenna types will dictate throughput in a Rate v Range determination. A 274 with a 3x3-5712 antennas prodced between 150-175Mbps at 2km with clear line of sight.

• 5.  RE: Data throughput for IAP 274 (Point to Point Deployment)

Posted Jul 22, 2015 09:45 AM

Hi Jerrod Howard,

It is for actual environment.

it is best throughput for 150-175Mbps at 2km with clear line of sight? Possible can archive more than that?

If my customer use 1 pair of AP274 at Building A and Building B. Building B has about the 1200 users. Possible each user can get 512kbps?

Regards,

Tin

• 6.  RE: Data throughput for IAP 274 (Point to Point Deployment)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 22, 2015 09:58 AM

That was an actual field test result. However, in your case, 1200 users at 512k each would be 600Mbps+ (ignoring overhead) which is not doable with WiFi at 2km.

What country/regulatory domain are you within? If your 5Ghz spectrum is 100% clear, and there is not one using any outdoor wifi in the 5Ghz, and your country allows it, you could try for VHT80 mesh link to get up to 225Mbps, but that is about it. 

Additionally, with 1200 users, that is a LOT of PPS (packets per second) which depending on concurrent utilization may lead to other issues (like poor voice and poor video streaming quality). But Aruba has no solution for nearly 1Gbps for 1200 users in the u

• 7.  RE: Data throughput for IAP 274 (Point to Point Deployment)

Posted Jul 22, 2015 10:04 AM

Hi Jerrod Howard,

I'm from Malaysia, my country allow 5Ghz. In this case if i use 1 pair ( 2 units) on each end then it will help to improve the throughput, right? of cause i have configure the Link aggregation on the switch.

Regards,

Tin

• 8.  RE: Data throughput for IAP 274 (Point to Point Deployment)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 22, 2015 11:45 AM

Supporting LAG over two links is not officially supported, so how well it works is unknown. Also, having two PtP links in the same orientation (ala essentially a side by side point to point), you will not be able to run 2xHT40 without some level of interference which will drop the SNR and decrease performance.

Additionally, for Malasia, you are limited to 30dBm max EIRP on the outdoor 5GHz channels, which is 6dB less than what we tested for range in the US. So your max throughput will be significantly lower at 2km than what I listed before. 

So chances are you will still be capped below 200Mbps at best, even if you utilize both links. I would look at licensed solutions with larger bandwdith and cleaner airspace, or decrease your throughput requirements to accept the best-base optinos for WiFi, or connect with Fiber or VPN. 

Good luck!