Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Different WLAN signal strength in same AP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Different WLAN signal strength in same AP

Posted May 12, 2019 04:00 AM

My wireless environment is one 7030 controller with 23 APs, all the 23 ap in the same AP group .there are 3 virtual AP profiles  (which mean WLAN) before ,I deploy  the new virtual AP profiles called test  with certificate authentication login recently . I find the laptop connect to new  WLAN (name is test ) signal strength is weaker than other three WLAN .Is there any troubleshoot procedure should i do ?

Any response would be highly appreciated!

• 2.  RE: Different WLAN signal strength in same AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 12, 2019 07:18 AM

What  software are you using to measure signal strength?  Are you measuring the same band on the same access point?

• 3.  RE: Different WLAN signal strength in same AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 13, 2019 08:06 AM

Also note if you are associated to one of the ESSIDs you are surveying, that one will generally appear to have a stronger signal strength than others. THe best way to measure is to use certified radios as the sensor (Ekahau, AirMagnet, etc) and either survey each in active mode (associated) or all in passive mode (not associated to any ESSIDs).